Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel
Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls(Sioux Falls)(Great Value!)
$60
$119
GardenInn.com
$85
$71
QualityInn
Dakotah Lodge(Sioux Falls)(Great Value!)
$104
$101
Super 8 by Wyndham Sioux Falls(Sioux Falls)(Great Value!)
$70
$108
$97
  • Pool
All reviewsoutdoor poolwater parkpoolside roompool sidehotel restauranthotel staffbeds were comfortablesouth dakotaeasy accesswaterparkmollyconferenceinterstateconcertsd
Reviewed September 8, 2013

So, I normally wouldn't review a hotel again, but I was reading some of the reviews that are posted and I'm so confused! We obviously like this hotel and stay here a lot and we wouldn't continue to stay here if it wasn't great. I see a lot of posts about housekeeping, and I'm super surprised. Our rooms are always well taken care of and in fact when we left our little guy's blankie there, housekeeping was kind enough to mail it to us (thank goodness!). We checked in late Friday night, and the front desk told us that our room was in a hallway that we being renovated and forewarned us that the hall may be a little dirty. We have no problem with that, but I asked them if the room spelled like paint if we could move. The front desk staff said they were full on Saturday but would do what they could if we needed to move. When we got the room, it had just been painted, and looked lovely. Paint odors don't bother me but give my husband terrible headaches, so I did ask to be moved. They were busy at the front desk but said they'd call right back. Instead of calling, they had someone come to the room we were leaving and escort us to the new room (poolside!). It was so nice to be accommodated! As always, the kids loved the waterpark, we enjoyed the location and the landscaping was gorgeous. We really got to enjoy the outdoor pool on this trip and all the new upgraded patio furniture. The waterpark was great (two small slides down, but I've seen them in use, so I'd say they deserved a rest!), and the kids loved the waterslide. We also love the weekend breakfast buffet! It was a great time! Thanks!

Room Tip: We've stayed on both floors and no rooms really seem far from the pool. Poolside was great, and really not noisy. I was surprised at how little we heard the pool. Be realistic, you will hear something, but it wasn't bad!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you, thank you for such a detailed, nice review - you are a sweetheart! We appreciate your families business so much!

Hope to see you again soon-

Respectfully,

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The front desk person could have been friendlier. She seemed a bit frazzled with 2 guests waiting to check in. Our room was clean and not too noisy in the hotel. Just normal noise. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you for the comments; I do hope we see you again!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I'll start by saying I agree with previous reviews that the front desk staff could use more customer service training. The woman (no name tag) who checked me in was having a discussion (to put in mildly) with 2 other employees (name tags so I hope they weren't guests) that the room they went to was already occupied. She argued with them that it wasn't, but they informed her there was luggage in the room. I don't know the outcome of this debate.

There's no elevator so if you're traveling with a lot of luggage, request a first floor room.

The kiddie slides were broken which was disappointing to my children at first, but they were sufficiently entertained by other toys in the waterpark. Don't forget to wear the wristbands. Apparently they have quite a few pool crashers. Security was evident in the pool area and hallways though. The holiday weekend probably contributed to that.

The room was clean when we arrived and was cleaned and towels changed the next day. The microwave and fridge are a bonus. The A/C was noisy, but it helped drown out the hallway noise late in the evening. I didn't hear anything in the hallway to keep me up at night either.

The restaurant food was good. We ate dinner there one night after a long day out and about in the city. Reasonably priced with generous portions.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room away from the pool if you have small children and/or lots of luggage.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for the detailed comments; repairs for poor Rosco the frog and slide are schedule this month. We do have an elevator, I am so sorry we didn't get that communicated well. The front office manager will be posting your comments and addressing as well.

We hope to see you again.

Respectfully,

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is good for family with kids since they have a good size of indoor swimming pool and hot tub. Everything is old but still in a good condition. The location is so convenient. It is right off the interstate. It is only 7 mins away from downtown.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for the great comments, I am glad you enjoyed the hotel. We have an awesome downtown if you didn't get a chance to experience that and our complimentary shuttle happily transport, lots of quaint, couple spots down there. Ask for a map and visitor guide from the desk too.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room was clean, comfortable and overall, very nice! Room service was affordable and excellent (had a great steak dinner!) Water park was a bonus! Everyone played hard and then could sleep well! "A" rating!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for the nice comments; so glad you enjoyed your visit with us!

We hope to see you again soon!

Take care,