“If this is a BW PLUS.... I would never stay at a standard”

Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel
Ranked #18 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My 3 out of 5 rating was very generous. The front desk staff was not professional at all. The girl at the front desk (the one with the neck tattoo, don't know her name) was so standoffish and rude to my friend, we were wondering if there was a racial issue... and she isn't one to pull the race card. The girl did not even greet us! We had to tell her why we were standing at the front desk with all of our luggage! You are the first impression of the hotel, you are suppose to greet people with a smile, be friendly and willing to help.
Throughout the hotel, every office and storage room door was open. It was so unprofessional that I could hear employees talking on their phones, joking around, and having to see their extremely messy desks walking to my room. Doors are made for a reason... so customers do not have to see what's behind them.
The rooms were nice, and seemed clean. The bed, sheets, and pillows were actually really comfortable and we got good sleep. That's where it ended. I was with a group for a conference and after the first day, ALL of them came back and pointed out their beds weren't made, the covers were simply pulled up over the pillows. Sheets were not changed all week. Insane! I've never heard of that before! I know our bathroom wasn't cleaned either. I don't know what they did during the day because cleaning the rooms was not it.
As for the common areas, this is why I gave it 3 out of 5. The bar was great. The bartenders were friendly and helpful. We spent a lot of time here. We ate breakfast at the restaurant a few days... one day the waitress opened a cabinet to get an extra plate out, and the filth that was in the cabinet was awful. I snuck a picture of it.
The outdoor pool was amazing, never really crowded. While we didn't use the indoor waterpark, it looked awesome! If you have kids it'll be great for them! Not a terrible place, but management needs to either change, get some more management lessons, or just fire everyone and start over. I've never seen anything like this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MDcouple
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for your comments, they will be posted, discussed, addressed and taken to heart. I would be happy to make this right for you if you give me a call.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Nice rooms, great pool area and very decent restaurant on site made this an easy end to our day of travels. We hit the pool with our 2.5 yr old when we arrived, then to the restaurant for dinner (decent walleye cakes) and to bed -- not having to leave the building. The pool area was nice, though two kiddie slides were closed. Didn't matter to my son as he found the big twisty slide extremely fun! Would definitely come back if we're in the area.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments, so glad you enjoyed all of the property. I do apologize for the two small slides as you indicated, but you/re right, there still so much fun to be had! Repairs are schedule, they were well enjoyed this summer!

We hope to see you again!

Myr best,

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel and front desk were great, maid service was not the best. Bed was not fixed 3 out of the 5 nights we stayed. Bed sheets and pillow cases were dirtied by accident, sheets were changed but not the pillow cases. Room was not vacuumed when needed. On behalf of the hotel I was there for a conference and we had most of the rooms booked and the hotel treated us like family.. .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you for the comments, and I am glad you enjoyed the conference. Your housekeeping comments will be shared with the proper people so we can use this to better our performance.

I do hope you return and visit Sioux Falls again!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stopped on our way out to Rapid City and were very happy with our stay. I was unsure of what to expect after reading some of the reviews but appreciated Jan's responses to each one. Bryce (I think) was very helpful and helped correct a mistake that I made with our reservation. We had a great time and are planning to stay again on our way back through Sioux Falls. We ate at the restaurant twice and the food was EXCELLENT! We couldn't even get our kids to leave the hotel to go to a water park we had passes to....they were having too much fun at the pool here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your nice comments, and weighing in on responses. I think the best business will drop the ball now and then, but it's how you address and fix that speaks to your crediblity. You proved my point and I thank you! Looking forward to your return visit.....safe travels!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Everything was great. The staff at check in were very nice. She even helped me get a discount by asking if we were HOG Members cause we pulled up on our Harley's. When we said yes she informed us that there was a discount for that!! Now who doesn't like a discount.

Hotel was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for the nice comments and your business; we appreciate it very much! I hope you also learned about the bike washing station we have for our riders. Safe riding and we hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have traveled all over the US. This Best Western was outstanding though I have not had a bad experience at BW in general. The bed was very very very comfortable. Down comforter was cozy. Breakfast was out of this world with eggs, sausage, hashbrown, cereal, fruit, lunch meat/cheese, muffins, pastry, breads, etc and variety of drinks. The people were friendly and wanted you to enjoy their hospitality. Next year it is Yellowstone and Tetons; we will stay here on our way to our destination.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the detailed comments on your experience; we're so glad you had a wonderful time on all your travels and that we did a good job for you! Excellent! Yellowstone and Tetons sound awesome........have a wonderful and safe time.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We chose this hotel last minute and had a wonderful experience. The room had such comfortable Beds, lots of bang for your buck, fun water park for kids at reasonable rates, ROOMY rooms! Hotel staff was knowledgable...much better than we were expecting.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your gracious comments, we're so happy we did our job well for you. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again!