“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Everything was great. The staff at check in were very nice. She even helped me get a discount by asking if we were HOG Members cause we pulled up on our Harley's. When we said yes she informed us that there was a discount for that!! Now who doesn't like a discount.

Hotel was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments and your business; we appreciate it very much! I hope you also learned about the bike washing station we have for our riders. Safe riding and we hope to see you again next year!

Jan Grunewaldt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Poulsbo, Washington
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have traveled all over the US. This Best Western was outstanding though I have not had a bad experience at BW in general. The bed was very very very comfortable. Down comforter was cozy. Breakfast was out of this world with eggs, sausage, hashbrown, cereal, fruit, lunch meat/cheese, muffins, pastry, breads, etc and variety of drinks. The people were friendly and wanted you to enjoy their hospitality. Next year it is Yellowstone and Tetons; we will stay here on our way to our destination.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for the detailed comments on your experience; we're so glad you had a wonderful time on all your travels and that we did a good job for you! Excellent! Yellowstone and Tetons sound awesome........have a wonderful and safe time.

Sioux Falls SD, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We chose this hotel last minute and had a wonderful experience. The room had such comfortable Beds, lots of bang for your buck, fun water park for kids at reasonable rates, ROOMY rooms! Hotel staff was knowledgable...much better than we were expecting.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your gracious comments, we're so happy we did our job well for you. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again!

Slayton, Minnesota
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had asked for a room on the main floor and when we arrived they had us on the second floor. I asked if we could be moved and they did find one on the main floor. We had a king size bed. The mattress was hard. Maid service was excellent. We were a long distance from our hospitality room. We never had a meal there so I cannot speak to the meals. Employees were very helpful at the desk. We never used the pools/hot tubs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the lovely comments; SO GLAD you had a great time.

We do hope to see you again!

Take care,

Aberdeen, South Dakota
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I've avoided this place for several years but decided to give it another chance. The lobby looks nice, but as I walked to my room, the back office doorway was wide open & what a disaster. I knew right then I didn't want to know what the kitchen looked like and I'd be eating elsewhere. After getting the front desk clerk to open my swollen up, stuck room door (and endure her dirty look) I discovered the bathroom's only flat space to set toiletries was on the toilet - kinda gross. Between the small sink and toilet was a half-round metal towel (?) holder which seemed useless. The advertised flatscreens were pretty old and weren't HD, so I wasn't going to watch the game there. After dinner elsewhere with my colleagues, I stopped in for a beer. The bartender was exceptionally helpful, but the F&B mgr needs to talk to his customers. I think there were 6 taps, two (why would you need 1/3 of your taps) summer shandys and another was Guinness - I don't understand a heavy dark beer in the Summer. The others were the usual boring lite beers. Thought about a cocktail instead, but the only things better than rail were middling. I know I sound picky, but this used to be the best hotel in town by far; they did all the little things right. Today all of the Ramkotas need some major investment and customer service training for most employees. Note: I'm in the 35-50 y/o age group, travel about 100 days per year & earn over $250k. After a hard day I like to check into a hotel, have a drink, eat there and not leave. This one won't cut it.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any recently remodeled rooms. Maybe there is such a thing.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments, and I assure you they were taken to heart. I see you are from in the State, I would love to visit with you the next time you are in town. Incidentally, the company is aggressively training and making improvements to the hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we get to visit.

Sunrise Beach
Reviewed August 19, 2013

WE had a had a good stay. loved the "water Park" pool area for the kids wish the adult pool was indoors. We had room service for Breakfast and I was really good and not over priced. We would recommend and stay at this location again. I always seem to find a little extra at Best Western Hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thrilled you had a great time, and thank you for the breakfast comments too. Kids 10 and under eat for .99 all meals too!

Hope to see you again,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 19, 2013

great water park at best western souix falls stayed there after a 14 hour drive so it was great the kids could be free! Only dissappointment no contenal breakfast. Rooms were super clean. great comfort of beds! the shower had a revoling head. They also had an outdoor pool!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are SO glad you had a great time and enjoyed the hotel; we hope to see you again!