“Perfect”

Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel
Ranked #19 of 54 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Recently held a business meeting at this hotel. The facility met our needs with a clean and comfortable meeting room. The food choices were plentiful and delicious. Staff was friendly and always there if we needed something. Free WIFI! Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelNow2012
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you so much for tne nice comments; we are so glad you enjoyed your meeting experience.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I guess this hotel has been here for 50+ years. The lobby and common areas look it, but the rooms have been well maintained and updated. My room was clean, with a comfortable bed, a great shower, great internet, and close to the airport. This sprawling 2 story hotel has convention facilities, a pool and very attentive staff. I've stayed at Doubletree and Clarion hotels with similar structures. Don't expect a continental breakfast, but the hotel has a restaurant that opens at 6.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff H
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice comments, we appreciate them!

Happy Summer!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed at the hotel multiple times over the past couple of months. Public facilities within the hotel are in pretty good shape, including the bar and water park areas. Rooms themselves are dated and are in need of updating. Would recommend for a family looking for a "fun" place to stay, but not to the general business traveler. Also very far from decent dining/shopping locations, and would recommend staying further south in Sioux Falls if that's your priority.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for your comments and perspective, looking at ourselves through the eyes of the guest is always beneficial.

We hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Jan Grunewaldt'

Reviewed April 27, 2013

The staff at this motel have been very accommodating to us. The front desk as well as housekeeping were courteous and efficient. The room was clean and the beds comfortable.
The food was ok. The public areas of the convention center were kept quite cool so a jacket might be helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you very much for your nice comments; we appreciate them very much! We hope to see you again this summer; at the end of May our beautiful outdoor pool opens too.....more fun!

Jan Grunewaldt\

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We booked this hotel through a priceline express deal. We were pleasantly surprised when we found out that we'd received the Ramkota because we have little kids who would love the pool and we've had friends and family that have enjoyed the hotel in the past.
The room was small, basic, clean. I did ask if there was a way to be upgraded to a poolside room and pay an upcharge. Sure, for $150 per night. We declined. ;) Our room was located on the outside edge of the huge hotel, very near an entrance, and not a far walk from the pool. It worked nicely.
The pool was okay. It felt closed in. My kids enjoyed the slides. There weren't t.v.'s, which would have been nice because it was spring break/ncaa tournament time.
The problem comes from the handling of the pool situation. We lived in Sioux Falls a few years ago, and come to visit periodically to see friends, shop, and give the kids a chance to swim. We always stay at the Ramada-near the Arena/convention center. We stay in a poolside room/suite, our friends come to visit and buy wristbands for their kids. We buy food and drinks from the poolside bar/grill & we have a great relaxing time. We were hoping that our experience would be as pleasant here. However, at check-in, we were informed that we would receive 5 writstbands total and that was it...we could not purchase any more. Disappointed, we called one set of friends to let them know of this restriction. The other set of friends only have one child, so we offered her our additional wristband and I gave my wristband to the other dad, and opted not to swim. Myself and the other mom sat and visited and watched the kids swim. About an hour after they arrived, I got on my phone to order pizza for our group. A pool guard came over and interrupted my phone call, and asked me where my wristband was. I informed him that I didn't have one. He asked me to leave. When I expressed that I was on the phone ordering pizza, and that we were gathering things up to be out of the pool in a few minutes, he continued to stand over me and insisted that I leave immediately because, "i was taking up chairs." We knew another group that was staying there(from our hometown) at the same time. One of the dads came to visit to watch the kids swim, but was not swimming because he was not staying the night (he was in street clothes). The security guard also approached him & gave him 30 minutes max in the pool area, "as a courtesy."
Needless, to say, I won't be staying here again....on purpose. If I happen to get another Express Deal, I will know what to expect. However, I'll keep my fairly-regular business (3-4x/yr) with the Ramada because we prefer the atmosphere and opportunity that it allows to entertain friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 30toosoon
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for your comments; first and foremost I do apologize . I will address this situation with the security supervisor.

As for the wrist bands, we do provide 6 per room. The Ramada you used as a comparison physical layout and fenced area allows them this option. For us it's about managing the space so everyone paying for a room can have a great experience.

In May our beautiful outdoor pool opens for more options as well; I do hope you will return so we can turn a negative into a positive.

Again I do apologize we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Very clean, great pool area. Front feel staff were outstanding. The bar had great drinks at a good price and the restaurants food was terrific.
Booked it online using our government rate and really saved a ton. Would gladly come back here again when in town.
Great value!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you so much for the great comments; we're thrilled you and your family had a wonderful time. At end of May our beautiful outdoor pool opens too, triple the fun!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

The bathroom was very small, the door almost hit the toilet, and the tile was cracked and seemed old. The room was nice and spaceous but the doors could be replaced, they looked like they were painted ten times, they didnt shut all the way and they did not keep the hall way noise down. The big perk was the pool for us, but they should heat the hall ways, the pool area is warm, the water warm but having to walk back to your room was miserable with two small kids as it was freezing!! Also check out is at 11, and by 9 we had housekeeping knocking on our door, which is very annoying, and i think rude. If check out is at 11, give us till 11 before you come bugging us. There should be a way to tell who has checked out for them to clean rooms so their not knocking on every door. The restaurant was nice, but for the price of the rooms it would be nice to have breakfast included. For the buffet on Sat for two adults and two kids it was only $17 but complimentary breakfast would make me want to stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Thank you for your feedback; hearing from our guests is the best way to measure our success. We are making constant improvements and the doors mentioned are being addressed. We do try to compensate for being full service with the complimentary coffee in the lobby along with complimentary whole fresh fruit; coffee is on us in our restaurant and kids eating for .99. Glad you enjoyed the pool area. We do hope to see you again, I am sure our team can turn the negatives into positives.