“Breakfast hide out.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very good breakfast, and very quick. Biscuits and gravy, is like grandma made. Excellent for a hearty meal. .

Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

Love this place! Hade a great salad. We also had a wrap, the chicken bowl and the two-two-two. It was all delicious! We plan to make this a regular lunch spot when visiting the are.

Reviewed September 26, 2018

This is what a classic diner is all about. Phillips Avenue Diner in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, opened in 1996 in a vintage, silver Airstream trailer on Louise Avenue. At the time, it was called Market Diner. Then the business moved downtown to its current address at 121 South Phillips Avenue. The trailer is gone but the new trappings are leather booths and stainless steel tables and a everything-from-eggs-to-waffles breakfast menu that makes you want to get up early in the morning. Which is what my wife and I did as we prepared to begin our trip across South Dakota. But what to eat? My wife debated between waffles and French toast and scrambled eggs. I flipped a coin between a Classic Eggs Benedict and corned beef hash. The winners? My wife chose the Sunrise Waffles with strawberries, blueberries and bananas topped with strawberry syrup. I couldn't resist my breakfast favorite, Eggs Benedict, a toasted English muffin topped with poached eggs, sliced ham and hollandaise sauce served with hashbrowns. I love comparing Eggs Benedicts from one restaurant to another. Phillips' version is first-rate.

Reviewed September 26, 2018

First night in Sioux Falls we were out walking and saw the Diner. Set up like a diner in the Northeast, the staff was friendly and the food was just right. From chicken and waffles to a Heuvos rancheros burrito the menu met all our requirements. Reasonable priced, low key, good food.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Shakes and malts are very good. Hot chocolate is some of the best in town. Pot roast is incredibly moist and tender.