“A Cool Diner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We ate breakfast here twice in the past week and it is really a great place to eat. It's bright and immaculately clean. The service is excellent and the food is spot on. We had waffles, bacon, sausage gravy and biscuits, banana bread French toast and homemade corned beef hash and eggs. If we lived in Sioux Falls this place would be a regular for us. Unfortunately, it's not.
We highly recommend eating here.

There are newer reviews for Phillips Avenue Diner

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have enjoyed the Diner for years. But now, their signature potato casserole dish I have loved for breakfast on Sunday has changed. It used to be the only item I would order for breakfast, however, since the change, it no longer seems to be anything special. The cheese sauce, usually served on the dish was left off, later brought to our table by our server, seemed out of a can and warm. Service was fair. To bad, I really like the Diner - but now might have to re-evaluate our Sunday breakfast options.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was wonderful and filling. High quality. We sat out on the patio and I had a pasta dish with shrimp. It was amazing and the shrimp were bigger than any I've had at any other restaurant. My husband had a sunrise burger which had a regular burger feel but with bacon and an egg. I had a bite and I would have been able to eat his whole meal as well. This was an amazing lunch for us and his cheesecake shake was very good too.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Sunday morning visit after a lovely run in Sioux Falls. Luckily, there was no wait. This place has classic diner look in an old rail car. The menu has classic diner breakfasts, but it includes a few unique touches as well. My husband had basic eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast. He voted top notch! Crunchy potatoes, fresh eggs and awesome bacon. I had the breakfast potato casserole topped with two poached eggs. The casserole included new potatoes, broccoli, goat cheese and onions topped with hollandaise. Wow! My mouth waters just thinking about it. We noticed the pancakes at another table, and they looked amazing as well. If you are a coffee lover, you'll be completely satisfied- Large, plentiful cups of hot java goodness. Our server was a joy, but he was young, tentative and not confident about answering questions about the menu - but his demeanor made up for that- and he kept our coffee topped off. Super little spot for tasty diner fare in the character filled downtown charm of Sioux Falls.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Breakfast selection was good. The wait staff are very attentive and friendly. The price for an omelet with a cup of tea was about $14.