“Aggrivating customer service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Aggrivating customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

I've been working in the hotel business for 2 years now and I've never experienced this type of horribly frustrating customer service. I made a reservation for my brother, excited that it was brand new but it turns out they don't even know what they are doing great. My card accidentally got charged for the entire stay. I called the front desk on a Monday and the lady said it would get taken care of right away. I waited till Friday to check my account and it turned out morning had happened and my account had now been over drafted because all my bills had just come out. Because it was Easter weekend the hotel said they couldn't do anything till the banks open and that I wrote have to call the bank myself. ( I would also like to say it took me 3 phone calls to finally just talk to the general manager.) Matt (gm) said if the bank couldn't help me he would have figure something out but than tools the bank that there was nothing he could do and his hands were tied. These people just wouldn't take any responsibility for their own mistakes. Take caution when staying at this hotel! They are way too new to know how too properly run a decent hotel.

Room Tip: Wait till they know how to actually use a computer before renting a room here.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank lfranz101
Matt B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear LF101
I want to apologize for the troubles you encountered with your brother’s stay. I am sorry that we accidentally charged your debit card rather than your brother’s credit card. I also want to apologize that it took several calls before you were able to speak with me. I am glad that we were able to issue a full credit to your card and charge your brother’s credit card finally. I am also happy that I was able to speak with your bank and they agreed to credit all NSF fees back to your account.

Once again, I do apologize for your debit card being charged and all of the frustration our mistake caused you. I hope that you and your brother will give us another opportunity to provide accommodations to you in the future. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Sincere Apologies,
Matt Brunick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)