“Quiet and peaceful”

Quality Inn And Suites
Ranked #20 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had reason to stay in Sioux Falls for almost a week. We chose the Quality Inn because of its proximity to Interstate 90 and we wanted someplace easy to find after a long night of driving across the state. What we found was a very clean, very quiet, newly remodeled hotel that allowed us to be away from traffic and noise. It is about 10 minutes from both downtown and the airport. Our room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. It was a great place to park ourselves for a longer stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are definitely glad to hear you enjoyed our spacious rooms along with the comfortable bed!

We realize that there are many hotels to choose from, and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn And Suites

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed at this Quality Inn while we attended a basketball tournament in Brandon. The location was just fine, off the highway, near a gas station and denny's. Jared was at the front desk when we arrived and he was great. Very friendly, asked us how our drive was, if we needed anything extra, etc. He mentioned they were doing construction and let him know if it bothered us, but we never heard any obnoxious noise regarding this.
Our room was a king bed room and we were pleasantly surprised to see a couch/sitting area, in addition to the bed, lazy boy, and desk. The room was clean, the bed was ok, standard pillows, and the air condition worked great. It was nice to be able to open the windows as well.

I would have given this hotel an "excellent" rating if it weren't for the housekeeping staff. I was under the impression that the "do not disturb" sign was available to put on the door to LITERALLY mean "do not disturb". Unfortunately that is not the case for this hotel. I purposely put it on the door so we would not be disturbed on Saturday AM, since we were able to sleep in. Believe it or not, 8am there was a knock on the door. 9:30am there was a knock on the door. Finally at 10am I told her we do not need cleaning service for the day.

Then there was Sunday. I called the front desk on saturday night and was told the check-out time was 12:00pm noon. I was planning on leaving at that time, as our game wasn't until 2:30. I put the "do not disturb" sign on the door with hopes that this time it would serve its purpose. Beginning at 8am until 12pm - EIGHT knocks on the door. 8. EIGHT. I was VERY polite explaining we would not be leaving until noon - each of the last 5 times there was a knock. EACH TIME. What the heck? We left our room at literally 12:04pm. My husband said I should have called downstairs to let them know, thinking back I should have-but how does someone need be told 5 times?

Appx 12:25pm we received a call from the front desk (Diane?) rudely asking if we needed to stay another night because we hadn't checked out of our room yet. We were already sitting down at Arby's for lunch.

Before writing this, I took my rating from excellent to average based on the bothersome housekeeping staff. I have a close friend who works for a different hotel chain as the housekeeping supervisor. I understand they are expected to clean the rooms they are assigned, and complete that in a timely matter-considering there are many tasks around the property to be accomplished. This hotel is in the middle of nowhere South Dakota. Did someone REALLY need to clean our room to let the other guests - who let me tell you, were nonexistent at our exit - get in to our room?

After thinking about my experience and writing this review, I'm bringing it down to poor. I do not need a "response" from management, because when we visit the area again for our basketball tournament in July- I will make sure our basketball program will not be using your facility.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank J W
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I agree that your experience did not represent the service we strive to provide. Your comments will be shared with the staff to ensure these problems do not occur again.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Not having stayed in a quality inn we didnt know quite what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised. Not sure how old the hotel is but looked pretty new to me. The gentlemen at reception were very helpful and the room we were given was spacious and clean. We stay in many hotels due to work commitments and would say this is definately one of the best and cheapest ! The only disappointment was that the hotel's internet connection wasn"t working properly, don"t know if it is a reoccuring issue or just the day we were there and also although acceptable the breakfast wan"t great. Not the best selection and my pet hate is watered down juice. But that aside would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nic675
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! Our property will be 8 years old this fall. We are continually looking for ways to improve, so your feedback is very helpful. We hope to see you again when you’re in the area.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

It’s my first trip to South Dakota and I was not impressed by the driver of the cab on the ride from the airport! The charming woman at the front desk quickly eased my angst. The staff are friendly, efficient, and hard working. The room is clean and well laid out. The only challenge is that there is no place to eat within walking distance. Otherwise, it’s a 5.

Room Tip: Upstairs at the end of the hall is quiet
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cdcough
SaraB-GM, Director of Sales at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We love hearing from all of our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in a newly developing area and do not have much for restaurants close to us, but we do have many different place that will deliver right to the room.

Thank you again for your comment!

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Wow, what a great hotel. The staff was nice and helpful. Not only was my room nice but the whole facility was kept nice and clean. The beds were comfortable but the pillows were lacking. If your looking to be close to restaurants this probably isn't the place for you. I would say you at least five miles from a quality restaurant. However if you have an early morning flight to catch this is the place to stay. One thing that would really help this hotel stand out is a better breakfast. I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013
SaraB-GM, Director of Sales at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We value all the feed back we get from our guests.

We are sorry the pillows were not the greatest, we will pass along your comments to our housekeeping staff to be sure we are checking all the pillows.

Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay, we hope we will see you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

(this is not my usual write-up, I am on vacation-with family)

How can a ‘Quality Inn’ get this many positive reviews? Because it is that good.

I had checked a map site this AM and called to see if a different ‘major chain’ was full and made a verbal reservation. Once on the road, others in our group started checking reviews on TripAdvisor  and my choice got shot down. The Quality Inn was going to be the 1st motel when we came into town so we settled on it.

Turns out to be a great choice, we rented four rooms and no one has had any complaints, only compliments … even from the person in our group who is more likely to stay at the Hilton or Hyatt.

Rooms have microwave, fridge and coffee maker.

(shampoo, conditioner, lotion … plus European Blend coffee)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
SaraB-GM, Director of Sales at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place if you are heading to the airport for an early flight and need somewhere to crash the night before! Staff is very friendly and do their best to accommodate you on your stay. Rooms are comfy and clean--spacious, too. They have a nice breakfast that we aren't always able to partake of due to early flights--but it has the basics plus some.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Trvlfrfun
SaraB-GM, Director of Sales at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, even if it was only for a few hours. ince you usually leave us prior to breakfast times, please do not hesitate to stop by the front desk and our staff would be happy to get you some breakfast to go. We try to be accommodating to all of our guests no matter how long they are here.