I visited here while accompanying my wife on a business trip, so I cannot really cast an opinion of cost/value for money. This review is based solely on customer experience.
From the outside this hotel looks very generic, especially as it is in a district where other 'generic' hotels are plenty. When you step inside however, this all changes. The lobby is nicely decorated with a large reception desk and two very polite and welcoming staff members. We were booked in and the hotel's facilities and breakfast arrangements were clearly explained.
I have attached photographs of our room (335) so that you can see just how clean, modern and well presented it was. A small kitchen area allows you to prepare your own food. A good fridge/freezer, microwave, two ring plate, coffee pot and dishwasher, all good quality makes too. I feared that we would be constantly awoken by the fridge but we never heard it once in the three nights we stayed. The room was double glazed and with a screen to keep out bugs. Bath and shower were great and an adjustable, massage shower head is always a winner with me. Towels were super clean and new ones replaced the ones used daily. Midweek room service is kept to a clean and straighten 'light touch' with a full clean weekly or with a new visitor, unless otherwise requested. Great service. The bed was the most comfortable that I have every slept on, at home or in any hotel.
I am always wearing of the promise of a 'continental breakfast' as it usually consists of a semi-dry croissant/roll and some small packages of spreads. Not so here, this WAS a good continental style breakfast with cereals, fruits, yoghurts, granola, meats and cheeses available. Also there is a daily hot breakfast with one variety of eggs (scrambled, omelette etc) and a meat accompaniment (sausage patties, bacon or ham). Breads of various kinds plus a toaster, a fresh waffle maker and pastries are also yours to choose. I am a big breakfast eater as I like to get stocked up for a long day and this breakfast is the best that I have had so far in my USA travels.
We did not use the pool or gym room but we looked and they were clean. All the staff were very polite and friendly. This makes a difference. A smile and a hello means a lot to a visitor.
Only two slight 'cons' to the stay, the sink waste disposal in our kitchen area was a bit stinky so we kept the plug in while we were in the room. Also, being so close to the highway there is quite a lot of traffic noise from about 4:30am. Cannot really complain too much about these as the rest of the 'pro's' certainly more than make sure that you have a good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Sioux Falls Staybridge Suites Hotel! Located by the Empire Mall, we are the finest Extended Stay hotel in Sioux Falls. 5 miles from the Sioux Falls Regional Airport and the Sioux Falls Convention Center, we are a convenient location for our clients. The Sioux Falls hotel eases a strained budget with our mid-week Sundowner featuring a free light meal, beer, wine, and soda. Catch up on laundry with our complimentary guest laundromat . 'Get Comfortable' with our friendly staff and outstanding amenities at the Staybridge Suites Sioux Falls . Businesses near hotel: Ruby Tuesdays, River Plaza, and Century Theatres ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity and Regatta Hotels so you can book your Staybridge Suites Sioux Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Sioux Falls Hotel Sioux Falls
- Sioux Falls Staybridge Suites