“Suite itself was very nice but...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #19 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Fargo, North Dakota
“Suite itself was very nice but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The suite itself was fine, clean and furnished as expected, but this hotel seems to have no sound barriers at all. The room above me was occupied and mere walking sounded like stomping and I could even hear when the water from the sink was turned on. Since the occupant above me was a "night owl" it made for a sleepless night.
The hotel does serve a complimentary breakfast but it leaves a lot to be desired.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Primghar, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I booked a pre-paid room at an excellent rate. We had a 1 king bedroom. The room was nice, clean and very spacious. We were only there one night, but everything was excellent. The breakfast is better than most buffets at the local restaurants. The bed was of good quality as well as the linens. There are two TV's in the suite also. We didn't use the kitchen area, but it was well equiped. We will be returning this weekend for another stay due to the excellent accomidations and pricing.

1 Thank halvie
Winter Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Had to stay a week in Sioux Falls and opted for the extra room at a suite place. Staybridge had good ratings online so I went with it. Turned out to be a good bet. The place was clean and seemed fairly new actually. They upgraded me to a two bedroom suite, possibly becuase I booked late at a fairly high rate for the area and the place was full. Breakfast quite good, with very good quality and decent variety during the week. Evening 'cocktail hour' was a nice bonus with nibbles and what looked like a decent beer available. The crowd staying there covers a broad range. Painting contractor crews and traveling salesmen and families in-between; pretty mixed bag but no problems during my stay. The hotel is within a quarter mile or so of a walking trail that is excellent! The entire city is ringed by this trail and it also has some offshoots here and there. All in all, Sioux Falls is a very clean city filled with very nice people and they enjoy being outdoors (when they can, in the summer) so this trail is a great way to do that!!

Room Tip: Front of hotel is on a fairly busy street. back of hotel overlooks the interstate. Hotel is U shap...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Yokohama, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed Staybridge Suites on 8 Sep 2013 with my boyfriend. I had a bad memory staying at the Staybridge in the past about 2 years ago. I actually was not sure if i really wanted to go back there again for this time. Last time we stayed there, our room was right next to elevator that kept making big noise every time people use, and there were noisy people partying outside the hotel till 3 am in the morning (the hotel was close to Casino, and was Friday night), and could not sleep... When we checked in this time, the lady at the front desk said, "Welcome back! and we have up graded your room for free to show our appreciations to you." The room was excellent - the hotel put us in the most quiet room that they can give also - we were on the 3rd floor on the very end of floor that nobody would be able to disturb us. It was the away far from elevator also and was very very quiet.. I requested the hotel more specific for this time to have quiet room. I think the hotel's customer service system is really well maintained. We did not meet the hotel manager, but she/he must be really good hotel manager that i could just tell - the hotel probably kept my complains even it was 2 years ago and made sure to make me happy from my past bad experience from the Staybridge. It was not a hotel that just want to make money, but try to think and do if they were us. Excellent customer service I have never received at any other hotels in past. The room was wonderful - the hotel upgraded us to two king beds room with large living room & kitchen. It was wonderful surprise. We could hear the shower noise and bathroom noise but it was pretty much acceptable. But what I most impressed about was all the staffs that working there. My boyfriend and we wanted to go to the Carnival restaurant (this is the place you must try if you stay at the Staybridge, it is all you can eat Brazilian steak with wonderful choices of buffet restaurant) which is about 5 mins walking distance from the hotel. The hotel staffs helped us very friendly, and they remembered us even next morning when we checked out and asked how did we like the Carnival restaurant and the food. What made me impress was that it was not only one person, but 3 staffs there all remembered about it, and asked us about it. The staffs were all super nice and very helpful. It made us feel that we are almost at home- thank you very much. I also liked they added more selections of drinks at lobby - they even had apple cider now. :) And their drink bar (coffee and tea bugs are there) was opened all day - you can get many different tea bugs and drink them in your room watching DVD in the room. Usually most hotel open drink bar only breakfast time, but Stay bridge consider more customers' needs, and provide us good services whatever they think it is the best to their customers. the continental breakfast was good as always. I would like to say thank you to all the staffs and the managers at the Staybriedge for your excellent customers service. Thank you for the Staybridge hotel headquarter to make such outstanding hotel in Sioux Falls, SD! It was very honor for us to stay such hotel with good hearts. You are the best. We will definitely come back! Thank you again! :)

Room Tip: request specific details when you make reservation of your room. This hotel will do their best to m...
2 Thank happyface K
Shawnee, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Excellent suite with lots of room! 2 beds were double rather than queens but OK for us. Separate bedroom with full-sized kitchen (including a 10-12C coffee pot). 2 flat screen TVs--one in BR and the other in LR. Very clean, quiet, comfortable. Close to interstate and nice restaurants close by as well.

Definitely would stay here again!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

What I say worth $150.00 total a nights stay last minute on Labor Day wkd. Kate floor personnel was 10+, from booking the room while we were on the road, once we arrived giving us more pillows, free ice and blankets. We stayed in a basic queen sized bed myself a wife and our son slept out on pull out sofa sleeper. Breakfast was not our style, very high fatty nasty cooked foods. But I will stay at a chain like this in the future for the stove top, microwave, refrigerator and free laundry service. It was a great deal and savior for us from the heat and the storms that then passed through Sioux Falls and southern MN last night. Once again, service was top notch!

• Stayed August 2013
Manhattan, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times and love it. But I'm going to share an experience from our second trip.

My husband was deployed and I was traveling home from Grandma's with our 3 children. I became extremely ill the morning we were to check out and head home. I couldn't even function. I managed to get the kids down to breakfast. The staff took notice right away that I wasn't doing well. They helped get the kids something to eat and brought me some ice water. I ended up going to the hospital. The staff cared for the children until the police were able to escort them to the hospital to be with me. They even offered another extra night at no charge to us as well as a free night for my parents who were traveling from Iowa to come get us. I was and still am so incredibly amazed at the care and concern the management Travis and Bert, as well as the other staff helping showed to us. What a blessing they were to us!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family