“Looks are deceiving” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Plainfield, IL
“Looks are deceiving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We were really worried when we arrived here- the exterior is seriously dated, there are window air conditioner units in the hallways- the wallpaper is held up with tape- but once we got in our room, we were pleasantly surprised. The mattress is new and firm, the room is very clean- cleaner than some of the larger chain hotels we've stayed at. The people who work here are very nice. The breakfast is somewhat lacking- mainly bread items and coffee. We are laughing at the shoddy appearance of this hotel, but honestly we would stay here again. The price was certainly a bargain, and the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank ChuckandAmy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Huron, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This hotel is nothing fancy, but it certainly met our needs. The room was very clean, and there is a basic breakfast included (donuts, cereal, etc). Overall, a very good value.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank myzrx1200
Milbank, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The Brimark Inn can't be beat when needing a place to stay before or after flying in or out of Sioux Falls. The rooms dbl / single with breakfast are in the $60 dollar range. This price includes transport to and from the airport (just 5 minutes away) as well as keeping your vehicle while you are gone. It's clean, quiet, convenient and at a great price.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank dburi
Aberdeen, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

I lived in Sioux Falls for about 7 years, and I can tell you that the hotels here are generally very overpriced.

Back then, if you would have asked my opinion of the "Brimark Inn", I would said "Oh, it's one of those old, dirty hotels along Russell".

I recently moved out of the area, and decided to stay here for a quick overnight on my Christmas trip to see the family, based on TripAdvisor reviews.

My comments about this place have definitely changed... Wow, was I wrong!

Knowing some of the hotels in this general area on Russell, I was worried... but... it turned out to be very nice, and the Trip Advisor reviews were spot-on.

It's a bit dated, yes, but I received a great room. Microwave (without those stupid knobs!), mini fridge, coffee maker, 2 tables, 3 chairs, a couch, free Wi-Fi, and continental breakfast. The bed was comfy, and the pillows were something I'd find in a $100+ hotel room (Unsure of the review on the flat pillows... They must have changed them... Mine were great!). And above all, it was amazingly clean. The only thing I could find was a very small amount of dust along the top of a picture frame. The cleanliness really shows here.

The staff (I'm sure it's a family-run place) is so friendly, as well.

It does use an actual metal key for the door, it has a 20-ish inch CRT TV, and the lighting was a bit weak... but all in all, I am very satisfied. I know how much hotels run in this town, and how crappy some of them can be. This one is a winner. If you need a no-frills, inexpensive, "just need a comfy bed/clean" type of stay, this is it. I'll definitely be staying here again.

On a side note: It's a bit hard to get to, if you're not familiar with this area... There's some frontage roads that can confuse GPS's. If you're going east on Russell from I-29, turn left at the first stop light after the ramps... It's for Louise/Westport.... Then take the first left.. it'll be right after you make the left turn (On Google Maps, it says Jenifer Place)... You'll come right to it, on the right side of the street.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank MJ1986
MollysBestFriend
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We booked this room last minute on Hotwire for $44...$56 with taxes and fess. I can't believe how clean it was! The staff was very nice, and the continental breakfast was fresh and nicely presented. The rooms are "vintage" 1970s, but well maintained and did I mention clean? It was quiet and convenient for us as we were just needing a place to sleep and shower. I would stay again for a good nights sleep.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Got a good price and it was convenient. Probably one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed at. The staff is nice and good at what they do. But, this hotel has not been updated since like 1970 and it really holds it back. Real room keys, flat pillows, really old floral print comforters, no complimentary liquid soaps, breakfast consists of cold cereal, toast, and juice, broken hot tub, outdoor pool (it was only high 60's that weekend).

• Stayed September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

Based on the other reviews, I chanced the Brimark, needing a hotel near the airport. I wasn't disappointed. Rooms were clean and quiet (I could hear the people in the room next door when I was in the hall, but not when I was in my room). People very friendly. Free wi-fi for my iPad. My room had a refrigerator in it, very important for some medicine I was carrying. On my return trip I stayed at the Brimark again, but this time there was no refrigerator. I asked about it and was told "we'll see what we can do." Ten minutes later there was a knock at my door, and in comes a woman wheeling a small refrigerator! It doesn't get any better than that.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo