“The atmosphere was unbelievably offensive!”

Gateway Casino & Lounge
Ranked #200 of 411 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I've been to the Gateway Casino & Lounge before, and have always been impressed with the service and food. My last experience there was unbelievably bad. I went there with my family, and my sister and her family; all of us are of legal drinking age, and the food (especially the burger menu) is very good. We went on a Sunday evening, and they were not very busy. We were seated, and noticed the overhead music was quite loud. It was rap music, and the lyrics in the various cuts were unbelievably offensive! Again, we're all adults, but for young twenty-something's to be offended by rap lyrics, you know they were bad! I can't even begin to repeat them in this forum! I won't say I won't go back, but if I ever go in and hear rap music overhead, I'll leave immediately - and may not return for a long, long time! I understand people have different music tastes, but the lyrics we heard were over the top offensive - even for a "bar/casino"!

4  Thank oogercat

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Is close to several hotels and easy to get to. Food was very good, service was also very good. A nice place to eat and have a drink.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

During my stay at the Red Roof Inn, the front desk recommend I go to the gateway lounge right next door. Convient location as it was walking distance from the hotel. I wish they would of offered a discount for guests at the neighbor hood hotels, the food was good and plentiful. Just an idea to see how many guests come from the hotels.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

A new facility doesn't make a quality restaurant. Casey's Cafe was our stopping point while traveling on I-90. What a disappointment to see it was replaced by a run of the mill bar/grill. Boo!

1  Thank Lhorn7
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Best Burger in SD, hands down! Service was great Chanty and Cahla took care of my every need. As I like to eat at the bar which has limited space, the ladies kept the clutter to a minimum. For a added great time come on down to meet a great group of people from 'Down Under' on Thursday Night they travel through town on a bus tour.