“Our favorite BBQ spot”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I know this is a chain, but the shredded pork sandwiches are consistently very very good. We also like the beef sandwiches. The Wilbur beans are excellent, as are the firecracker green beans. We haven't found better BBQ in town. Service is good and fast. We visit several times each year.

1  Thank C H

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My family often visits Famous Daves for a quick excellent meal while in Sioux Falls. The food has been great and the service the same. We love Famous Daves BBQ Ribs and wings. The amount of food that comes with your meal is usually way more than we can eat in one sitting as well so usually just share!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Myself and a friend enjoyed lunch here with a ton of children. The staff was great! We were seated and helped in a super fast and helpful manner.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We ate here the other night, we shared the large nachos which were delicious! The waiter did a great job keeping our water filled as we had to use the devil's spit sauce, which was excellent!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Okay, I have to start by saying my husband and I were hardcore "Nap's BBQ" fans and they won hands down in our opinion. After they closed we have tried several places to find anything close to comparable.

We had been to Dave's a couple of times both before and after Nap's closed, but we always thought the ribs were small and we just didn't care for their BBQ sauce options, finally making the decision we would never go back at least not by our choice.

A couple of weeks ago we were seriously "jonesing" for some ribs... and decided to eat our words and try Dave's one more time. Luckily they were offering a special where you could select 3 different types of ribs on the sampler platter.

We had both ordered the sampler platter, and after a very short wait out came a boat load of ribs. Turns out you got 3 ribs of each type and I must admit the Ribs were surprisingly meaty. Even after our belly's were pleasantly full, we still ended up taking nearly the equivalent of 3/4 of an order home as leftovers.

We duplicated a couple of the same types.... one being the dry rub, my husband liked it better than I did, but of the ones I chose this was my least favorite. The second was Dave's "New" Backyard BBQ (Locally This Is The Closest We Have Found To Naps... Really, Really Good!). For my third choice I tried a pineapple glazed rib, they included a grilled pineapple chunk which was tasty, but the ribs themselves were just okay. I can't remember what my husbands third was, but I think he had doubled up on the dry rub.

Dave's sides are pretty much what we remember from past visits, the baked beans are far from what Nap's had, but their okay. The potato salad's flavor is actually decent, just felt the texture is odd... but would order it again if I had to chose a side (It does have nice big chunks of perfectly cooked potato's and fresh hard boiled eggs, but the rest of it was strangely grainy with overcooked potato mush). I don't know what to say about the cornbread muffin, I admit I'm not a fan of cornbread, but the one tiny little bite I took I didn't like at all. They did allow my husband to substitute his muffin for a half portion of one of the other sides... he chose coleslaw, but unfortunately it was almost as bad as the cornbread.

If Dave's keep the Backyard BBQ option, we will be back.... but probably for take-out ribs only, we would rather make our own sides.

Oh yah, for an appetizer we started with the BBQ Chicken Nachos... don't know what to say other than interesting, not sure we would order it again, but you do get a lot!