“hotel stay”

Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Spearfish
“hotel stay”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The new hotel is clean and comfortable, but the staff is exceptional (helpful, patient, efficient). We had to repeatedly extend our stay due to a family members serious medical condition in the hospital. Even the housekeeper left us a very thoughtful note in our room, wishing the best for us. Everyone is important to a guests positive experience.

Room Tip: The website says near the airport, but you do not hear the planes.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank masmaspearfish

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Winona, Minnesota
Reviewed April 21, 2014

It is a very new hotel, so there isn't much that a person won't be happy with here. A spacious area for breakfast with a nice assortment of breakfast food. Rooms are nice and modern. Bedding is very comfortable, and the room was completely clean. I doubt there are many better places to stay in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
SD
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel during the week for business and found the facility to be very quiet. No slamming doors or loud voices late at night or early in the morning like some hotels. The facility is new so everything is in nice shape and is clean. There is a breakfast with some hot and cold food items and a good variety of choices. The beds were comfortable and included extra pillows. The pool at this facility is small. The front desk staff was friendly and curteous. This stay was positive overall.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Georgia
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I completely agree with all the positives previous writers have commented on. We stayed for three nights and enjoyed every minute. The room was spacious and comfortable. We visited the pool one evening. Clean, lots of towels. Breakfast was plentiful and well-stocked, with the attendant on duty the entire time- food never ran out. The breakfast room is large with plenty of seats. The price for such a nice facility was surprisingly low. The staff was one of the friendliest I have ever seen. Each clerk, the breakfast attendant, each cleaning lady greeted us. The halls were full of "Good morning", "Enjoy your stay", and "Can I help you with anything?". Wow. Great business model. Across from the elevators, there was a framed picture, I assume from opening day. The border of the picture was filled with signatures, apparently of the workers. This strategy gives a sense of ownership. It shows in the attitude the workers bring to their jobs.

Room Tip: As others have written, this area was not yet on my GPS, despite an update uploaded earlier this mon...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
SD
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is about six months old so everything is spotless. The staff is very friendly. The hotel is walking distance to a major sports venue so I imagine it can be very crowded at times but it was ghostly quiet for my two stays. I understand they often fill up on weekends during various high school tournament events. The hotel while convenient to airport is a distance to downtown and restaurants. Parking lot seems small but I had no difficulty. If you need to be close to airport or the airport area this is the place to stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank jenopac
South Dakota
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This review is for the Fairfield by the airport (there are two in town).

Pros: Property is brand-spanking new, so everything is in excellent condition with hip, modern, decor. The rooms and common areas were immaculate. The bathrooms are nice and large. The front desk staff was tops and went above and beyond with requests to change floors, provide driving directions and to store items. Price was very reasonable. The maid greeted me in the hallway. The pool guy and breakfast attendant also greeted us. Clearly, the staff has been trained in hospitality. The bathroom fan did not sound like a helicopter, as in many hotels. Great location for anyone using the airport or the sports complex. Close proximity to I-29. Although it is near the airport, I only heard one plane, so outside soundproofing is well done. We had to leave early in the morning and breakfast was served earlier than the stated time, which was a bonus. While the isolated location is somewhat of a con, the upside of that is that you are not in a bad neighborhood or on a noisy road.

Cons: The pool is way too small. It is about the size of two hot tubs put together. I would say if more than six kids used the pool, it would be too crowded. There is not much around the hotel, as far as restaurants go. There is one next door, and that is it. This may improve as the area develops. INSIDE soundproofing between rooms was not good. From 1:30-2:30AM the woman next to us engaged in a very loud phone conversation. It woke me up. During this conversation, she also chose to sing. I pounded on the wall. She pounded back. I then knocked on her door and politely explained we had to get up early. She apologized and toned it down, but I could still hear her. As another reviewer mentioned, there are no suitcase racks.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MomMobile5
Standish, Maine
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stay in a lot of the Fairfield hotels, and many of the competitions similar offerings. This place is brand new, it opened just a couple of months ago. The rooms are simple but stylish. I stayed in a single king room, and it features a full walk in shower VS the more common tub/shower combination. Where the room is small, it in every way seems big enough. The decor is very nice and bright. I really appreciate that there are power outlets EVERYWHERE. Six withing arms reach here at the desk, two on each side of the bed, My biggest complaint with older properties is having to search for a place to plug in my laptop and cell phone. And like most biz travelers, I like to have my cell phone by my side at the bed. Down in the breakfast area there are nice touches like a combination of tables, dining bar, and restaurant type booths - and power outlets all over the place so you can plug in that laptop for a last minute review of the presentation,

The one thing I need to warn folks about is that as this property is very new, so is the street it is located on. It does not yet show up on any maps or even my just updated Tom Tom GPS. As a result you will want to print out the map to find it from the hotel website.

Room Tip: The location is very quiet, so I suspect there are few if any bright or noisy rooms at night. The a...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business