WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, United States
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I planned a company event at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown in Sioux Falls, SD. The staff members were fantastic in accommodating my needs and getting the job done with accuracy and speed. I was very impressed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Sioux City, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

When I walked into the reception hall the evening of my check-in, I had to say "Hello, I have a reservation" to the lone receptionist who was standing there staring at me (no, he wasn't on the phone). His attitude seemed almost fearful and certainly unprepared. I struggled to hear him, he did not tell me my room number, and did not give any kind of explanation about the elevator. I have used secure elevators but if my mother had encountered that system she would have been stuck and then had to ask for instructions (embarrassing for some). Later the same front desk person again stared at me in an almost creepy way as I went to the pool. When I attempted to call room service later he answered, because the room service number wasn't working. Yikes. That call was followed up by a very aggressive server from room service, who rang the phone continuously until I picked up (I was on my mobile and figured it would go to mail. It didn't; instead she just hung up and redialed). The room itself was OK (boring decor but comfy bed), but I was almost glad my very tall husband had stayed home as two of us would have been very cramped indeed. In fact I had a king bed and river view, erroneously thinking that this room might be spacious. I was wrong (river view was not impressive and not worth the expense). Another tip regarding the rooms: bring slippers! The floor is tiled in the entryway through the bathroom and it is cold!! I called guest services late at night and again, the person who answered seemed to be sleeping. Overall, this experience put a slightly bad taste in my mouth. The hotel felt desolate, almost like a ghost town by 9 pm. I know that it's new and it takes time to work the kinks out, but I would have hoped that the biggest problems would have been with things like the television, not the hospitality of the staff. My advice to myself and you, reader, for the next stay in Sioux Falls? Stay at a different, reputable hotel, and save $50. Heck maybe we'll even get a complimentary breakfast or newspaper in the morning - things you don't get at the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank LimasMom
Brookings, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

The decor of the hotel is fun and modern. The shower is well thought out and gorgeous. Great beds to sleep in and perfect location for downtown Sioux Falls. The staff were amazing as well! We really enjoyed our stay!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

This property is TREMENDOUS, the staff is second to none and the property itself is superb. Downtown Sioux Falls is friendly and very inviting. This was a GREAT experience for me and I invite all to experience what I am PRESENTLY experiencing. Thank you for a GREAT EXPERIENCE, sincerely Dr. Julius Theophilus.

Room Tip: Any room is SUPERB.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Okoboji, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were greeted with all smiles and told we were the first reservations of this property so in all of the following ratings, of course, everything was perfect and we have faith that it will remain up there! The rate was real hard to beat, we stay at Hiltons often and have points built so we used few points and $50.00. So nice an close to downtown dining and shopping via the refurbished railroad bridge converted to a walking bridge over the river.The room we had was a jr suite riverside. AC units are not your standard window, actually like a central air system. Fridge, micro and Keurig coffee maker.Just have to break in the couches to make a little softer. They are working on outside surroundings and firepit area, this will be great come spring! The bar/ restaurant area is very nice. Many tvs for the sports fans and one Giantic one, who decides what to watch one that one??? ; ) The main bar area, very nice ambiance, nice lighting all around. Nice pool and fitness area. Lower level garage~well lit. We have stayed at many Hilton Garden Inns and this one has definitely raised the bar, it is over the top~WOW! Thank you everyone there, we think for your first night you all held it all together and probably even amazed yourselves........

Room Tip: Riverside and, in warmer weather, also with balcony we took a tour,one room has an all glass facin...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple