“Our favorite ” 5 of 5 stars

Phnom Penh Restaurant Asian Cuisine
Ranked #15 of 372 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Cambodian, Thai, Gluten Free Options
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our favorite ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This is our favorite place to eat when in SF. We often have the seafood noodle soup, #29 with #5, a chicken, cabbage salad with mint and peanuts in a vinaigrette. We think #39 is killer and thoroughly enjoy #100.

1 Thank Carol H

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Awesome Cambodian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

The service here is excellent and the food is wonderful! It's a great place to stop for lunch or dinner!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Jeju, South Korea
“A Rare Find, A Rare Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

In 2011, I had the opportunity to travel to Cambodia and was very impressed with the food. It is a cuisine filled with fish, meat, soups, vegetables and the essential explosive Southeast Asian flavors of lemongrass, cilantro and others. In fact, one of the best meals I've ever had was in Cambodia. After leaving Cambodia, I spent a good amount of time trying to find a restaurant that serves this newly-found-favorite cuisine. I searched in Seoul, Dallas, Austin, Houston and Chicago and had no luck finding a Cambodian restaurant.

In March of 2013, I found myself in Sioux Falls, South Dakota dropping a relative off at the airport. While driving through Sioux Falls, I spotted the sign that said "Phnom Penh Restaurant Asian Cuisine." As I had not had this delicious cuisine since I was in Cambodia two years prior, I promptly turned my car around and headed straight to the restaurant.

Entering the restaurant, I was delighted to find that the staff was, indeed, Cambodian, many of the staff members hailing from Cambodia. After a friendly chat with our server, I enthusiastically ordered and later enjoyed a truly authentic and traditional Cambodian meal. After eating, I was able to visit with the chef/owner of the restaurant. He is a very friendly man and boasts a bright smile. For a variety of reasons, he is a truly stunning individual and I wish him and his family great success with this fantastic restaurant.

For the customer who is unfamiliar with Cambodian Cuisine, I recommend Lok Lak, a kind of beef stir fry served with steamed rice, fresh cucumbers and tomatoes. Be sure to order it with a fried egg on top, as is typical in Cambodia. It is a hearty meal with sweet, sour and spicy flavors. Delicious. As an appetizer, order fresh spring rolls. They are bright, crisp and delightful. I'm confident that everything on the menu is delicious. Go crazy while ordering and share if you are with a big group.

If I am ever again in the Sioux Falls vicinity, I would go far out of my way to eat here again. The fantastic service and wonderful food are well worth it.

Thank you to the owner for a wonderful dining experience.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank John B
Flandreau, South Dakota
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

After reading about the Restaurant in the Argus Leader newspaper, stopped there last week and tried the food. The meal I had was called Kho Sach Chrouk (I had it with pork) was excellent and the portion was so large that I could not eat it all and had to take the remainder home.
The service was excellent - fast and friendly. I would recommend this restaurant and will stop there again in the near future.

• Visited September 2013
sioux falls
“Hope this guy makes it in a cursed location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Owner is server ( and I'd bet many other things too ). He's a nice man. Eager to help and please. The food was somewhat familiar, and also there were several dishes I've never see. And, plan to try. I've been 'down' on our choices for Asian food lately. This place helps make things better.

Visited July 2013