“Love Towneplace, never stay anywhere else when in Sioux Falls!”

TownePlace Suites Sioux Falls
Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Ft. Pierre, SD
“Love Towneplace, never stay anywhere else when in Sioux Falls!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2010

I love the rooms, the beds are the most comfortable I've ever slept in at a hotel, and I have traveled a lot. I enjoy the suite, with the king size bed in a room seperate from the sitting room. The rooms are always clean, well stocked, and ready when I arrive. The staff is great, from the friendly housekeepers on up to the smiling, accessible management. The breakfasts are a great plus and save us money every trip to Sioux Falls. We have our family get togethers there at Christmas time and we have a family reunion there late in the spring. Great location, too! I recommend this hotel to anyone who's planning to go to Sioux Falls.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank fragilmystic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2008

This was our first (and last) stay at a TownePlace Suites. It looked great from the outside but as soon as we walked in the overwhelming feeling was "cheap, cheap, cheap". The guest internet station is poorly located, right across from the reception desk, and, since this was hardly ever staffed guests are often mistaken for employees. We had to call "hello, hello, anyone here" before a staff member came from the back room. Our room, 103, was small but had everything you would need for an overnight or two stay. Unfortunately everything was very poor quality; the taps and showerhead in the bathroom and the buckled flooring in the kitchen area. There was a bug cocoon in the corner of the bedroom which I didn't find at all appealing. There is no luggage rack so no place to put your suitcase unless you want to put it on the couch. When we departed there was no one on reception so we left a note about the bug cocoon with our room key.

• Liked — Comfortable bed, breakfast.
  • Disliked — Poor quality, layout of lobby, lack of staff.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank SengaMilne
Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2008

We arrived to find hair all over the bathroom. This makes me wonder how well the rooms are cleaned?!

There are no chairs at the table, only an office chair. However, the kitchenette is set up for 4 people?! How are they all supposed to sit and eat at the table? We had 6 people in this room. 4 adults and 2 children. We did use the hotel grill on the patio to cook steaks. We cooked the mushrooms, baked potatoes and corn on the cob in the room. The hotel staff gave us 2 more plates and additional forks, which was very helpful.

I don't get the concept of no chairs at the table.

We have done the Residence Inn before and found it to be much better, it was more spacious, and the beds were more comfortable. This suited our needs, but by no stretch was it comfortable. There was not enough space for us all to sit. I won't stay here again.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — No seating in the room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelinganjlofmrc
Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2007

not what we expected, we wanted a suite that's why we picked this place. First non-smoking room they gave us smelled bad of cigarette smell, it use to be a smoking room, they gave us a new room, smelled better. The bedroom is very small, no dresser to put your clothes in. The sofa had either dog or cat hairs all over it, bathroom had some human hairs on the floor and back of the door. The breakfast was the worst we have ever had for continnetal breakfast, very little choice. My husband had gone down around 4 am to use the computer, the front desk clerk kept coming in and turning the tv up louder and louder, my
husband asked him to turn it down and finally he started getting very rude to my husband. So that was the last straw, we were suppose to stay one more night, but decied to check out and go some where else, which turned out to be great! We will not go back to this place.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the room was too small
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank smatmom
Inver Grove Heights, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2006

We just returned from a 4 night stay. Overall, we were pleased with the full kitchen, 2 beds + pull-out couch, and pool/hot tub. Would stay here again. We have 3 kids, ages 9, 5, 3. Staff was friendly. Room was in working order.

Plenty of drawer/cupboard space in the bathroom to stash toiletries, leaving very little clutter on the countertop.

Kitchen is a pleasant surprise. It had your basic plates/bowls/cups/silverware service for 4 and unique items like a 2 slot toaster, wine bottle opener, strainer, plastic bowls/lids, several pots and pans. Ice maker in freezer. You could literaly cook in this room. Everything I needed was there and then some. Also, nice "island" that doubles as the desk.

Basic continental breakfast is offered.

Conveniently located right off I-29, close to several restaurants, Wal-mart, groceries.

One thing they are lacking is physical drawer space for clothing. There is a closet provided and a couple "night stand" like 2-drawer units. We were able to fit all our items in, combining hanging items in the closet with drawer space, but a dresser would have gone a long way.

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — Not enough drawer space for 5 days
  • Tips/Secrets — Smoke-free building, pets welcome
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2006

This was another stop with my family traveling across the country. The hotel was clean and the staff absolutely superior! We needed help with a couple room items and the front desk was at the room seconds after my call. This hotel is a bit south of the main interstate and there appeared to be newer hotels better located than this one. Room was nice, a step below Residence Inn (of course, it is supposed to be as my rate was $60). I didn't have any real issues other than location--I'd probably look elsewhere next time if I was just passing through. Good value for the $.

• Stayed July 2006
1 Thank JLIN
Hershey, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2005

Towneplace Suites is the latest hotel concept from Marriott. They started building them in 2003 and have approximately 100 in the country. (This is all information provided by the helpful front desk receptionist.) I loved this hotel and the room so much I was sorry I was only staying one night. I felt right at home. It was like staying in a mini-apartment. All rooms have a full kitchen w/ microwave, stove, full size fridge and dishwasher. The bedroom is completely seperate from the living/dining area. Bathrooms were very spacious. I was nicely surprised by the European style breakfast room where a continental meal is served from 6-9am. The hotel does not have a restaurant/lounge but there is a very nice supermarket (Hy-Vee) across the street. Marriott has a great way of anticipating all the basic needs of the traveler, accenting those needs nicely and not offering all the uneccesary frills that require hotels to raise their rates; which inceidentally were VERY reasonable. Enjoy your stay!

7 Thank Ryan.W