“Great location next to Interstate”

TownePlace Suites Sioux Falls
Ranked #33 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stopped in for one night,great location between I-29 and I-90. No reservation ,used one of the coupons from a roadside magazine vendor box. Not a problem honoring the coupon. Room was huge with complete kitchen,beds were in need of new mattress but overall our stay was excellent.Breakfast was really good too. Clean and easy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Sioux Falls

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed 4 nights. Room had refrigerator, microwave, stove, and utensils. Room was clean and quiet (I was using AC so fan operating). Breakfast is somewhat minimal (cereal, bagels, toast, one hot item per day) but starts at 6 a.m. for those who need to get going early in the morning. Hotel has easy access to interstate, large HyVee grocery to the west, some restaurants on opposite side of interstate. Empire Mall is nearby if you need to any shopping. Not quite as nice as the one SpringHill I stayed in and not quite as nice as most Residence Inns I've visited. I thought the indoor pool looked larger than most hotels of this type. Seemed to be a few more smokers than most places so could be an issue if you have a first floor window that you want to keep open. There was no hotel construction happening during my stay. Had no reason to interact with staff other than check in and check out and that went smoothly. I did see business people there (ties and jackets at breakfast) as well as airline personnel so I assume the place can't be awful.

Room Tip: East side faces interstate so could be noisier. I was on the east side but had no noise issues with...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TobiasStanley
Reviewed August 10, 2012

When you walked in the hotel it smell horrible, I checked in my room there was hair on the floor like someone was cutting their hair, dirty dishes in the dishwasher. I complain about it nothing was done about it. My beds weren’t made or my sheets weren’t change. Some of the front desk employees where rude! I checked out two after that! I was paying $165 a night for a horrible place and service!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank maggie b
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed there a week ago (July 2012). It was nice. Has a nice kitchenette. The remodel is apparently finished as we did not see any demo going on and everything looked nice. Love the location, Hyvee and other stores are close by, as is the interstate. The staff was very friendly!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lee i
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Friendly staff. Cheerios on floor in bathroom. Air conditioner in living area, but not in bedroom. Got quite warm during the night. Stayed there on points, but would not pay to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kathleen B
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because of business and extended stay. The room was small, carpets were never vacuumed. The tile in the bathroom was cracked and broke. Spiders were in the room almost every morning. I complained and they said they would spray and vacuum the room. Never happended. The matteress was worn out and the pillows were about 12 x 12 inches and when you laid on them they went flat. I stayed at this hotel because of the kitchenettes and the shuttle bus. The shuttle bus drivers, except for one woman were very courteous and helpful. The one woman was a very careless driver and scared the van full of passengers. Never rode on Friday mornings after that. Was told at checkin that the shuttle ran 24/7/365. However, that is not true. I attempted to get a shuttle on two occasions to the mall and was told that the shuttle did not go on weekends, only Monday through Friday. I will pay more and stay at a different hotel, hopefully without spiders. Stay away if you want quiet on weekends--too many screaming kids with parents who don't control them. If you don't like smoke, you can't get away from it. Management allows smoking in front of all entrances. You also can't open windows in your rooms becuase the smoke finds a way in the windows.

Room Tip: Stay at Hampton or any other hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have been a Marriott Rewards member for 10 years with Gold Elite status. I reserved and pre-paid for 3 nights. I have stayed at this particular hotel 2-3 times a year over the past 4 years. When I arrived at 11:30 pm, they said they had no rooms available. Instead, they sent me to the Baymont Inn & Suites, another property owned by the management.

Marriott Rewards customer support was of no help. It wasn't their problem.

I had stopped using TripAdvisor because it was so convenient to just stay at a Marriott and earn points. No more Marriott for me. Did I mention that this wasn't just a reservation? I had pre-paid for the room.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Residence Inn Sioux Falls
#31 of 53 in Sioux Falls
Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sioux Falls Airport

Been to TownePlace Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about TownePlace Suites Sioux Falls

Address: 4545 W Homefield Dr, Sioux Falls, SD 57106-3504 (Formerly Settle Inn Suites of Sioux Falls)
Location: United States > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #33 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Price Range: $99 - $186 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — TownePlace Suites Sioux Falls 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your TownePlace Suites Sioux Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Towneplace Suites Sioux Falls Hotel Sioux Falls