“Won't be around long”
Review of Oh My Cupcakes!

Oh My Cupcakes!
Ranked #3 of 15 Dessert in Sioux Falls
Description: Oh My Cupcakes! is Sioux Falls, South Dakota's first and only gourmet cupcakery with cupcakes in-store, for pick-up and delivery. Baked from scratch. Baked with love. Baked fresh every day. Get your own cupcake!
Fairmont, Minnesota, United States
“Won't be around long”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Worst place to go for a dessert! Well first of all it took forever to find the place, found it online and used the GPS to take us there, they have the old address online, and they still have signs up at the old place, had to call to get the new address. Finally after we got there it seemed a little busy and normally that's a good sign! Boy was I wrong! They have quite a few different favors, I loved that they named them uniquely, but I had to ask to know what flavor they all were. They are presented better than they taste. We were looking for a place to get dessert after a good meal at hu hot, they had nothing but expensive cupcakes, soda, and milk. I was excited after I got the milk because it came in a cute jar, then they told me that to keep the jar it was an extra 2 dollars. That's seriously kind of ridiculous... The store itself was kind of cute, but in order for them to even make a living they would need to sell more than crap overly priced cupcakes. Also, I had taken my son there and they really aren't family friendly, no high chairs, and nothing for my son to have as a treat with little sugar. If you are wanting to try it out I would suggest only trying a small cupcake of each flavor, even the small ones are overly priced, but then at least you can say you tried it. I predict they won't be there longer than a year... But I could be wrong, some people might actually enjoy over paying for a home made cupcake that you could find the recipe online for, but then again most people are lazy and will over pay other people to do the work for them.

• Visited September 2013
Melissa J, Owner at Oh My Cupcakes!, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thanks for visiting us, I'm sorry that your visit was not all that you had expected. We pride ourselves on creating an experience for our guests as well as serving delicious, fresh-baked cupcakes, and it sounds like your experience fell short. My apologies. If I can take a moment and address a few of your comments. Our store moved from our downtown location to our new 57th and Western location on August 6th of 2013. We updated all of our information immediately, but Google does take a few weeks for things to fully populate and update. Again, my apologies for the confusion! We do try to be family friendly and certainly have a high chair for little ones; I wonder if it was in use when you were in for your visit? If not, I apologize that we didn't point it out to you. Finally, regarding the milk bottle deposit . . . the deposit is standard to that brand of milk, which is carried at many quality vendors within the Sioux Falls area. We all charge the deposit if people choose to keep the glass. The supplier of our fresh and delicious milk charges the glass bottle deposit along to us on every bottle, and therefore we pass it along if people choose to keep the bottle. I'm sorry if it wasn't clear.
More than anything, I do hope you will be back and give us a try again. It would be our delight and honor to serve you.

With blessings and gratitude,

Melissa and the Cupcake Ninjas at Oh My Cupcakes!

Fairmont, Minnesota, United States
“Waste of money”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Very dry cupcakes. wrong adress on internet so spent a half hour trying to find it. very overpriced. bland taste. would not refer.

• Visited September 2013
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Cupcakes”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

These cupcakes are really good, but they are not worth the money. I'm glad I can say I've been there, but don't know if I'd go back to spend the amount of money on a cupcake. I also did really care for the staff as I felt like they were a little rude to me.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Tina R
Minnesota
“A Must!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Every city has a place to go that only the locals know about but MORE people should know about. Oh My Cupcakes! is that place in Sioux Falls. The service is extraordinary but the cupcakes are absolutely delicious. It is frustrating yet brilliant that they only have certain specialty flavors for a month or on its weekly assigned day. It is so hard to pick just one to try. They are no ordinary cupcakes.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ABBY L
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

They have some interesting flavors, but nothing that special for the money. Not much seating while your there, so take them to go.

Visited July 2013