“Overall a quality experience”

Super 8 Sioux Falls
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Murdo, South Dakota
“Overall a quality experience”
Reviewed February 28, 2009

As one review stated, the entrance is a little goofy. If approaching from the West you must drive past the hotel and make a U-turn. I can't really blame the hotel for something the City did though...

The only negative things I can say is the beds are a little noisy (old?) When you sit down on them you can hear a noise that I can only assume is the springs grinding together... also, the help did seem a little off-putting. I checked in at 11:30 though so I just kind of assume they put their worst folks on overnight!

Cleanliness was suburb, Internet access was free (had to get the passcode from the front desk though), THE BREAKFAST WAS AMAZING!

Parking looks a little small, until you realize there is some behind the building (Between the building and I-229). The downside to parking here is that there is no entrance on this side of the building. Not that big of a deal to me because whom among us couldn't use a little more walking in our day?!

While I did not travel with my pet I did see signs that indicated they are a pet friendly hotel.

• Stayed February 2009
1 Thank SoDakKid
catt94, General Manager at Super 8 Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is our goal to make your stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Omaha
Reviewed July 8, 2008

This was the most unconcerned unhelpful staff that I have ever ran into. I was traveling with my daughter and grandson. When we carried our bags in along with other items we needed for the baby, one of the staff members was standing near the main door watching us struggle with the door and didn't make a move to help open the door for us. The rooms had a bad odor and seemed to be over looked when it came to cleaning. The location was next to a VERY "shady" looking apartment complex. I feared my car would be stripped by morning. I will never stay at this location again. I am in hopes this review will save you the unpleasent experience that I had. Drive down the road...pass this place by!

• Liked — nothing... bad place
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
I do apologize your stay in 2008 was less than comfortable. To let you know this hotel is under new management and new staff. I do hope you would think of us if your in Sioux falls again.
iowa
Reviewed June 26, 2008

do not give out your credit card info. we booked a room and they ened up not having room for us. no other help was given staff was rude and unprofessional. it appears they were going to bill our credit card and double booked our room. DO NOT STAY IN THIS MOTEL

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — staff was very rude and not helpful
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
I apologize for the bad service you recieved during your stay in 2008. Just to let you know we are under new management as well as staff. I hope you will give us another chance in the future, if your in Sioux Falls.
blkbrd
Reviewed June 17, 2008

Our family was in town for a weekend family reunion. There were a total of 13 people staying in 5 rooms for 3 nights. Problems began immediately:
* Located just off I-229 BUT you must make a U turn to enter if approaching from the west.
* It's surrounded by an apartment complex that caters to transients. I'm sure the apartments have been featured on at least one episode of COPS.
* Because of the inexperienced desk clerk, check-in took over 45 minutes.
* On night two, the A/C quit and we had to move to another room. Another 45 minutes...
* Also on night two, Aunt and Uncle returned to find no maid service had taken place.
* The "continental breakfast" food was stale and the coffee was terrible.
* 3rd floor ice machine didn't work.
* Our room stunk like sewer gas.
* On the morning of day three, the entire motel was awakened at 5:20 AM by a malfunctioning fire alarm. We all saw the sun rise in the parking lot standing next to a fire truck. After being allowed back in, the elevators didn't work. The staff seem non-concerned.

This was an experience that will not be soon forgotten. I would advise travelers to avoid this Super 8 at all costs.

• Liked — The free city map
  • Disliked — See review
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank blkbrd
I apologize your stay in June of 2008 was less than a good experiance. We are now under new managenent as well as new staff. Our goal is positive customer service and hope we improved the hotel to guests liking.
South Dakota
Reviewed August 30, 2006

We stayed at this motel, one night, due to an evening rodeo we were attending. The rodeo was held in an indoor, but unheated arena. Unfortunately, the evening was very cold but so was our motel room. You could tell the difference between the hallway and going into our room. I'm guessing the room temp was only around 40 degrees. We complained to the desk clerk but he said there was nothing they could do and the motel was full, so no option of moving us to a different room. No allowance was made for our uncomfortable room. We would not stay at this motel again.

• Disliked — extremely cold room with malfunctioning heating system
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here!
  • Stayed November 2005, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
I apologize your stay on 8/31/2006 was uncomfortable. We are under new management, and our goal is quality customer service.If you are our area please stop by to see the many improvements we have made.