“Overall Good” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Baptistown
“Overall Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

First of all let me say im not saying this is a bad place to stay cause it wasnt most of the staff was amazing friendly smiles and our room was very clean tho i was shoked to find out it also offered smoking rooms... We stayed for 3 nights here and my kids had and amazing time we got in late and the girl at the front desk dont remember her name she had black hair and a bubbly attitude kept the ppol open till 10:45 for us so the kids could swim... In the mornig when i let housekeeping know that i was going out for the day they werere prompt to clean my room it look great when we got back i was very pleased the only complaint is my kids being kicked out of the lobby they went to ask the girl if the pool was open the sing states they need to be 14 my oldest is 15 my other two are 10, 12 i sent them down and was changing to come down when i got there they were comming up the elevator stating that the front desk girl had kicked them out and told them they couldnt go swimming i asked them why they said they needed an adult even my 14 year old ok so if thats was the case then why does the sign state that they need to be 14 if there going to kick them out anyways later on and my son told the lady i was on my way down she still refused to let them stay in the pool told them no you need to get out now upon walking away my son heard her say wow some parents are just lazy, and cant watch there kids im not a babysitter for christ sakes around 2 that day we were all getting ready to go swimming again i sent them down and told them to wait by the door for me so they wouldnt get kicked out again.. my daughter came running up to the room crying stating that the front desk girl had yelled at them and told them to stay in there room they cannot be running around the hotel and stomping on the floors my son told her we had just got back and changed she said i dont care u need to go to your room and stay there if she had to see them agin she was calling the cops on thier parents and kicking them out.. we did hear rucus but it was on the 3rd floor she automatically blamed my children whom were waitng outside the pool room for me when i came down to talk to here she acted as tho she had no clue what i was talking about and argued whit my 14 year old son about him being a liar and stating she never talked to them.. because of this we cut our stay short and went to the Ramada I dont know if the girl was having a bad day or if she hates kids but i dont even talk to my children the way she did nor do i yell at them i would not stay here again with an employee like that and after reading another review with the title "Customer Service???" i was positve it was the same girl.. How she still has a job im unssure but she needs to be taught manners i do apologize for the bad review most of my stay was great but an employee with her attitude and the way she treated my children is uncalled for plan and simple so i will not ever be returning to your hotel nor will i recommend it to any family or friends

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Mary U, General Manager at Super 8 Sioux Falls, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Hello Ameiere,
I have reviewed your comments on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased you were happy with your room. I am sorry for the following.
The desk clerk that treated you and your children so badly is no longer employed here. I am amazed she acted that way toward you and the kids, that is totally unaccepable. The situation did NOT call for the measures she took.
Please accept my apologies for her actions.
I do hope you wil give us a chance to show we do believe in customer service. Once again I do apologize.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bolder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Me and my husband stayed here in october we've in the past had some bad experiences with super 8 but here was a whole diffrent story first off the hotel was beautiful very clean and the breakfast tho small was good the breakfast lady roseanna was very helpful and nice. The apartments across the way were a little sketchy at first but turned out to be not bad... The only complaint that i had was with the front desk girl that work morning shift Misty was her name she was very rude and looked like a zombie... upon arriving i had to wait for 10 min even with dialing 0 for the operator i finally went outside and ask the girl whom was laying on the sidewalk smoking if she knew who the check in lady was she responded that it was hee and to wait a min that she would be in.. we waited another 5 min to be checked in later that night my husband went to the desk to ask about breakfast and what time the pool was open until When he got to the desk she was asleep on the counter when he finally awoke her she looked at him and said what... i was very upset with her attitude besides her our overall stay was amazing the rest of the staff was nice polite and we had a front desk girl Rose go above and beyond for us when we needed directions to Thunder Road she even printed us a map I would definatly stay here agin

Room Tip: Definatly call directly they have great rates and discounts
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mary U, General Manager at Super 8 Sioux Falls, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you Becky for taking the time to give us a great review.i do apologize for the clerk that was not up to our standards. In regards to that issue it is being dealt with immediatly. I am pleased the rest of my staff was helpful and friendly,the way customer service is supposed to be.
WEST DES MOINES
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I'm not much on writing these things. I'll just say we had a good stay and your people
did a good job. We were taken care of.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for the awesome review. We enjoyed meeting you and your beautiful dog.
We hope to see you again.
ROCK VALLEY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We chose this hotel for the hot tub room and enjoyed a very relaxing and quiet stay. The expectations that we had were met.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

RockValleyMan--Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. We are happy to hear your stay with us met your expectations and you were comfortable. We hope to see you again when your in Sioux Falls.
ABERDEEN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

It would have been helpful to know about the construction. I also would have liked to know I could have done a u-tuern instead of going through the restauramt parking lot to get to your parking lot. The staff was great and gave me terrific directions to where I needed to be!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Hello Kim W, Thank you for the great review. We are pleased that your stay was comfortable
and my staff was helpful.We are really happy the construction is FINALLY DONE on our street.
Hope to see you again when your in Sioux Falls.