WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersBronze level
Aberdeen, South Dakota
“Not Happy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

When we 1st walked into the room, it was hot and very stuffy. Checked the air after we took our shoes off on the sticky floor (like pop was spilt on the whole floor and not cleaned) it was on low cool. We turned it on high cool and left to shop, came back 5 hours later and it was still hot. We opened the window so it wasn't so stuffy and were wiping sweat off our faces. We were not in the room for more than 30 mins. and received a phone call from the front desk and we were unable to have a conversation due to the static from the phone, so we went to the front desk to see what they wanted. We had a "noise" complaint from the room below us. Explained to the front desk clerk, and she was very nice, that the kids were just sitting on the floor playing with bounce putty (this is the 1st noise complaint that we've ever had while traveling with the kids). The next morning we had the complimentary breakfast, which was not good at all, and let the front desk know that the air did not work and we had to open the window just so it wasn't so stuffy. We left for the day again and came back sun burnt so didn't really notice the air not working still. The morning we were checking out, I was trying to put make-up on and had to wipe the sweat off my face just to apply it. We let them know on our way out that the air still did not work. She said they fixed it and that the window was left open (which we told her about to begin with).

Overall, the price is right, the beds were comfortable and the staff was great other than the maintenance guy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

nice motel
chlorine very strong in the pool and whirlpool so couldn't enjoy them very long.
Helpful staff

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

catt94, General Manager at Super 8 Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is our goal to make your stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you again.
Scottsdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

I usually avoid Super 8 but my first time at this one was two years ago when the city was booked due to a soccer tourney. I was so favorably impressed I decided to stay here again on this trip. Everything still looks clean and relatively new. The staff were all very friendly. They even lent me an umbrella during a heavy rain storm. The breakfast was okay for a budget hotel. Large indoor pool and hot tub.
Everything else was great except that the property shares the parking lot with the extremely shabby 10th Street Apartments. Lots of people roaming around between rooms at the apts, and sometimes cutting across the parking lot. Makes you wonder if they are looking for unlocked car doors. Also, the room-key-access door at the end of the building didn't work so was propped open (a scary thought with the apts right there). The clerk said they often have trouble with it when it is humid or rainy. They should probably just get it fixed to make their guests feel safer.
Overall I liked this hotel and its staff and will stay again next time I'm in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

The hotel itself was a wonderful stay- it seemed like it had just been remodeled so everything was new, clean, and comfortable. As other reviewers have stated however, there is a very shady looking apartment building right next to it. I admit I was happy to have a window right above my car so I could look out and make sure it was still there throughout the night. That being said, nothing bad happened so I would probably stay there again :).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
catt94, General Manager at Super 8 Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We value feedback from our guests, as it lets us know where we excel and if there is anything we might improve on. With so many options to choose from, we are glad you chose to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again if your in our area.
Murdo, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2009

As one review stated, the entrance is a little goofy. If approaching from the West you must drive past the hotel and make a U-turn. I can't really blame the hotel for something the City did though...

The only negative things I can say is the beds are a little noisy (old?) When you sit down on them you can hear a noise that I can only assume is the springs grinding together... also, the help did seem a little off-putting. I checked in at 11:30 though so I just kind of assume they put their worst folks on overnight!

Cleanliness was suburb, Internet access was free (had to get the passcode from the front desk though), THE BREAKFAST WAS AMAZING!

Parking looks a little small, until you realize there is some behind the building (Between the building and I-229). The downside to parking here is that there is no entrance on this side of the building. Not that big of a deal to me because whom among us couldn't use a little more walking in our day?!

While I did not travel with my pet I did see signs that indicated they are a pet friendly hotel.

• Stayed February 2009
1 Thank SoDakKid
Omaha
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2008

This was the most unconcerned unhelpful staff that I have ever ran into. I was traveling with my daughter and grandson. When we carried our bags in along with other items we needed for the baby, one of the staff members was standing near the main door watching us struggle with the door and didn't make a move to help open the door for us. The rooms had a bad odor and seemed to be over looked when it came to cleaning. The location was next to a VERY "shady" looking apartment complex. I feared my car would be stripped by morning. I will never stay at this location again. I am in hopes this review will save you the unpleasent experience that I had. Drive down the road...pass this place by!

• Liked — nothing... bad place
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
I do apologize your stay in 2008 was less than comfortable. To let you know this hotel is under new management and new staff. I do hope you would think of us if your in Sioux falls again.
iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2008

do not give out your credit card info. we booked a room and they ened up not having room for us. no other help was given staff was rude and unprofessional. it appears they were going to bill our credit card and double booked our room. DO NOT STAY IN THIS MOTEL

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — staff was very rude and not helpful
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I apologize for the bad service you recieved during your stay in 2008. Just to let you know we are under new management as well as staff. I hope you will give us another chance in the future, if your in Sioux Falls.