“A Nice Surprise”

Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Polk City, Florida
“A Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

This appears to be a recently renovated hotel based on the new items in the like new condition such as painted walls, carpet on the floor, the condition of the beds, appealing bed linens and bath towels, upgraded room furniture. The room was well lit with plenty of places to plug in your electronics. Check in was efficiently handled by pleasant well spoken hotel staff. Halls, pool area, room was clean and well maintained, no smoky or mildew smell throughout the hotel. Micro and fridge in room was clean and worked well. Breakfast consisted of hot fresh waffles, fresh donuts, toast, fresh coffee, tea, juices, breakfast area was kept clean and neat and well stocked. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind review. We appreciate that you took the time to give a response concerning your stay with us.

We have recently renovated our entire hotel, and we try very hard to earn our guests' business. We know you have choices in Sioux Falls, and we are so happy that you chose to stay with us and will be back. We will always work hard to maintain your trust in us.

Thank you again, and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night to "get away" from our normal routine. We thought it would be nice to go swimming, hang out in the hot tub and enjoy the whirlpool in our room. The room was very clean and nice and I was impressed. The pool, hot tub and whirlpool were ok/average but we had a nice night. My problem with this hotel came the next day. I brought one little bag with me and left the hotel at checkout. As I was leaving the room, a young guy walked in right after me to clean it I assumed. Once I got home I realized I left my swimming suit hanging in the bathroom. I immediately called the hotel and the rep checked lost and found and said it wasn't there but would check with housekeeping. I called the next day and got the same answer but they said they would keep looking and call me back. I never got a call so I called again a day later. That rep said she'd check with head of housekeeping and call me the next day. That was today and I just got a phone call saying they didn't find it and the person that cleaned my room said they didn't find a suit. They also made it a point to say that the person is very upstanding and honest. I don't agree and am very frustrated because I KNOW I left my swimming suit in the bathroom so that guy who walked in after me HAD to have found it. At this point the guy I just talked to said he would talk to his manager and see what they can do. I'm upset that I've now lost my suit but I'm also frustrated that no one at this hotel is moral enough to say they found it. It's now the principle of the matter, as a customer at the hotel, I expect if something is left behind, the employees will be honest and keep it in case that customer calls for it and not steal things. I will now be writing to the corporate office of AmericInn to let them know how the employees are at this hotel. I'm very, very disappointed and completely blown away by the service I have received from this hotel and I really hope something is done; if it has to be corporate that does an investigation or I continue on my end possibly through legal matters. I don't believe they should be able to get away with this.

• Stayed October 2012
Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your review that you submitted. We always value feedback from our guests.

I am sorry that your swimming suit is missing. We searched the room you checked out of, and we have lost and found procedures that we follow. If something is found in a room, it is brought to our office, it is logged and put away. If the guest calls for a lost item, we mail it back to them. I have been at this property for a long time, and I am confident that our staff is indeed very honest, and they bring us all items they find. We state in our policy that we are not responsible for lost items, but we do everything in our power to track down lost items and return them to their owners. We do not tolerate any form of dishonesty in our establishment.

I know that we called you and tried to make this right with you, and we apologize that we couldn't give you a satisfactory solution. Please be assured that I have investigated the issue, and believe that we have done everything that we can do.

Again, I am so sorry that you weren't happy with your stay with us. We strive to make all of our guests happy, we do want you to return, and sincerely hope you will.
Midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was a clean and comfortable hotel with friendly service. The room was a nice size, the bed was comfy, the breakfast was very good (though not a huge selection). There was no exercise room, but the pool looked nice (I didn't use it).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that everything went well during your stay with us. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how we are doing.
Thank you again, and happy travels!
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Close to restaurant
Nice size hot tub open till 11:00pm
Lindsey at front desk was very nice she gave ideas for eating. We were doing a motorcycle trip didn't want to go far to eat. Every thing was close. Breakfast was a topical motel breakfast. Eggs, sausage. Waffles
Would go back.

• Stayed October 2012
We thank you for your kind review. We appreciate the feedback, and I will share it with the rest of my staff. We are happy that you that would stay with us again, that means that we are doing everything right! Thanks again, and hope to see you soon.
Nebraska USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Great room for$75! Convenient by food, good service, newer room with comfy king size bed, good front desk. I had just spent 2 nights in western SD in a dumpy motel for $69 and this was a tremendous upgrade for only a few dollars more.

Room Tip: Ps they have a pool/hot tub that I did not use but no fitness room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to make sure our guests are happy when with us, because we want you to come back.

Again thank you, and we hope to see you again soon.
Edwardsville, Il
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here because of the Chamberlain Americinn. Sioux Falls has many hotels to choose from ,but this is a hidden gem on the exit of Interstate 29 and 41st street. It has a welcoming front and great large rooms.Lots of Counter space that is a high priority to myself and many others who travel. Separate bath from large sink and mirror. Large sitting area with separate TV and doors for privacy. Great price.

Room Tip: Two levels , no elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy that you had a pleasant stay, and we will continue to work hard to keep your business. Our staff takes great pride in the cleanliness of our facility and will be happy to know that you were pleased. Thank you again, and hope to see you again.
Hill City, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is the second trip to visit Sioux Falls ... We enjoyed our stay at the AmericInn last time and decided to try again ... The room is clean and comfortable .. The pool is great .. The continental breakfast was perfect .. The hotel staff is courteous and the l location is excellent .. We will stay again ... PS .. The jacuzzi suite is the way to go n the price is right

• Stayed August 2012
Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy that we could make your stay pleasant and we will look forward to seeing you again. We work hard to make our guests happy and we are happy to see that we are accomplishing our goals. Thank you again.