“A Pleasant Stay Overall”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls
Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We spent 3 days and 2 nights in Sioux Falls for my daughters birthday and I chose to stay here since my time in the Chamberlain, SD Americinn was extremely enjoyable. This Americinn is pleasant enough but it wasn't great. You won't go wrong staying here but this Americinn needs a little work. The outer appearance is tired looking. Interior decor is ho-hum. The room is well-appointed and very comfortable including the bed and bedding. The TV is new with plenty of channels to choose from. The Microwave and Refrigerator were nice touches. We had a King Suite with a sleeper sofa which was used by my daughter that she thought it was "ok" - the sleeper sofa mattress was not overly comfy.
The internet service was not available on first morning of our stay but was back on later in the day - it had good speed. The room was quiet until the morning when people began getting breakfast - the sound was loud enough to wake us up. The pool area was kept clean with the spa/ jacuzzi kept comfortably warm. Not enough vending machines.

Room Tip: Try and choose a room away from the lobby to reduce AM noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Eric O
Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We value our guests' input. It helps us to know what we can do better.
We have recently renovated our entire hotel, our rooms have new beds, bedding, flat screen TVs, are very electronic friendly, and all of our rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. We are now adding fresh new choices to our breakfast menu.
We hope that you will stay with us again, we will work hard to keep your business.
Thank you again.

There are newer reviews for AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We arrived without a reservation and the friendly staff made sure we had the space and beds we needed for a great price. They were very helpful. One of the clean sheets for the sofa-bed was a bit damp (not completely dry out of the wash) and this was quickly exchanged. The room was clean and smelled fresh. The included breakfast provided healthy options and was a great way to start the day. All in all a great value for the money.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind response. I am so happy that we were able to make your stay a pleasant one. I do apologize for the damp sheet...we are using this as a training tool for our staff. I think perhaps someone folded a "hot" sheet from the dryer, and as it cooled it was still damp. We do thank you for calling this to our attention. We hope to see you soon, and wish you happy travels.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at AmericInn on Wednesday night (6/20) and were very pleased by the helpful staff that night. Even though it was late, he was very informative and nice. Our room was also very nice. A little loud because we were by the front desk, but we were tired so it didn't bother us too much. We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but we did look in and it looked nice and inviting. We did take advantage of the continental breakfast though, and the biscuits and gravy were the best we had ever had! AmericInn is definitely on our list of hotels to stay at next time we visit South Dakota!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, and thank you for taking the time to submit it. We like to hear from our guests so we know what we are doing right and if something isn't the way it should be. I always share these reviews with my staff and they are very pleased to know when guests' experiences are positive.
We are also happy to know that you will make this your choice of accommodations when you are in the area.
Thank you again.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

As a regular business traveler I appreciate that the staff remember me by name and welcome me with each visit. Although I have corporate rates available to me thorughout the city that I could take advantage of, I always return to the Americinn for service, cleanliness and price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy that we are providing the service that you deserve and expect. We do value our business travelers, and will work hard to keep your business. We have recently renovated our entire hotel, and some of those new changes were done with the business traveler in mind. We have "business centers" in each of our rooms, with electrical outlets in many more accessible places for computers, music players, and chargers. We are happy that you choose to stay with us, and will work hard to keep your business.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We needed to overnight in Sioux Fall on our way to the Black Hills, and we're looking for an inexpensive place to stay. The AmericInn was a great choice and a good value. Located close to lots of restaurants, it was very convenient. The rooms were clean and the staff friendly. The breakfast more than adequate. A large pool seemed popular with families with young kids.

• Stayed: June 2012

Thank you so much for taking time to submit your review. Reviews from guests help us to know what we are doing correctly. I will share your review with my staff, and they will be very happy to know that they were able to be part of a good stay. We are happy that you chose us to stay with, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Happy travels!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

From the moment I walked in it felt like everyone knew me! All the staff were friendly and went out of their way to see if I needed anything. The room was spacious, clean and quiet . The breakfast in the morning had a nice variety and staff was constantly restocking the supplies. I also appreciated that the cable had a good variety of stations, and not the limited stations found in a lot of motels. Check out was quick and accurate. I felt that the value was excellent and I would not to hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I will share it with my staff, and they will be very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's always nice to know that we are providing the service that guests appreciate. We know you have choices when it comes to lodging, and we are so happy that you choose us, and will work hard to keep your business.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable. The Continental Breakfast was absolutely fantastic. The staff were all very friendly and accomodating. The only comment I would make would not be a fault of the motel, but on my next visit, I would choose to have a room on opposite end away from the noise of the highway. We will be visiting you again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donald E
Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy that you liked our breakfast and felt that our staff was welcoming. We know that you have many choices when you stay in Sioux Falls, and we are glad that you choose us.

We can definitely put you in a room away from the highway next time, and just to let you know, since you are visiting us again, things will be different in the near future. We are totally updating our entire hotel, we are now putting new furniture and beds in all of the rooms. We also have new bedding, and we are going to add more items to our hot homestyle breakfast.

Again, thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again.