WINNER WONDERLAND
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest
Ranked #19 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Employees were friendly and helpful with our tourist questions! Pool is perfect size, little kids area was nice as it was separate from the large pool. I didn't have to worry about them getting to deep! We did not use the eating facilities. Rooms were comfortable, I slept like a baby.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
We appreicate you taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express SW! All of your positive comments and feedback are really appreciated! Please come see us the next time you are in Sioux Falls!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Mobridge, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Spent three nights at HIE. This is my go to hotel in Sioux Falls. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, perfect location to the places we go in Sioux Falls, and the breakfast great. My biggest complaint about the hotel is that the tiles in the pool area get really slippery when they are wet and I watched numerous kids slip even when walking. I remembered seeing someone else do it the last time I stayed here so I ended up having to make a sidewalk out of towels around the slide so the kids could walk without falling. This will not deter me from coming back to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: The suites are very nice!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for leaving a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express SW! We are honored to be your go to hotel in Sioux Falls and really appreciate your loyalty and feedback about our staff, cleanliness, and location! Your comments about our pool area floor are greatly appreciated. I'm going to look into this to find a solution as we want to ensure the safety and satisfaction of all of our guests! Thank you again for your loyalty, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kristin Kovash
Winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Good front desk. Two elevators. A nice large and clean room with a king size bed that had thin pillows. Usual amenities. Fridge was very loud and I turned almost off to quiet it. Huge well lit bathroom was great. Not often I comment on the shower but this one was great.. One of my favourite peeves: A coffee maker in the bathroom. There is a certain ick factor associated with this.

Large parking lot, well lit.

Huge breakfast area with "standard" HIE fare. Good enough for most tastes.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express SW! We appreciate your feedback about our hotel as well as your suggestions. I apologize that you had an inconvenience with the fridge in your room; if you could please give me a call so that I can get more information about your stay and get it fixed I would really appreciate it! We hope to see you again in the future and thank you for your loyalty!

Kristin Kovash
Mandan, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night just passing through Sioux Falls on a long road trip. I sought out this hotel because of the kiddie pool. Our 2 boys, 3 and 4, loved loved loved the kiddie pool. It is only 6 inches deep with a little water slide. Big enough for little kids to have a blast, but small enough that mom can sit on the sidelines and still watch 2 little ones.

There is one issue with the pool. I hope management reads this part. The tile floor around the kiddie pool gets extremely slippery for the kids. They get in and out a million times to go down the slide, then the floor gets wet, then kids fall. Mine both fell several times each, and both ended up with a couple of minor scrapes. And no, they weren't running. This is an issue that could be fixed so easily. Put some rubber mats or nonstop flooring around the kiddie pool, at least around the slide, and then this would be a 6 star pool!

Everything else about the hotel was very nice. Our room was very clean, which is the most important thing to me at any hotel. The pool area was also very clean.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express SW!! I appreciate your feedback about our cleanliness and pool area! I greatly appreciate your suggestion about putting mats down around the slide in our pool area. We have tried a few different options in the past in regards to our pool floor to ensure safety of all of guests, but your suggestion is definitely something I am going to look into. We hope to see you again in the future, and thank you again for your loyalty!
watertown, sd
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

What a great place to stay. Convenient to I-229 & I-29. Lewis Drug nearby. We were upgraded upon arrival to a double queen suite. Very spacious. Even the bathroom was larger than your average hotel room. The room had a microwave, refrigerator, wet bar, coffee and a nice sized flat screen tv. The beds, sheets and pillows were so comfortable I couldn't wait to get back to the room that evening to sink in to it. When we entered the room it smelled clean and fresh. The front desk was very friendly and offered us bottled water when we checked in. The breakfast area was large and very clean. The lady working there was so friendly and helpful it was refreshing. It was a busy Mothers Day but she kept up and had a smile to go with it. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express SW. I appreciate your positive comments and am glad that our staff met your expectations to ensure you had an enjoyable stay. I'm also very glad that you enjoyed your spacious room and all of the amenities in it. Thank you again for all of your feedback, we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Very clean and well kept. Staff was friendly. Close to the highway, shopping and restaurants. Beds were just right and comfortable. The rooms were spacious. The area was easy to navigate, it was our first time here and we didn't get lost. Very easy to learn your way around.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for your nice compliments about our staff, cleanliness, and location! We appreciate you taking the time to review our property and look forward to seeing you in the future!
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We have stayed at this location in the past and I am never disappointed! We like to stay here when visiting friends and it is perfect. The rooms always smell so fresh and clean, and even though it was opened a couple years ago it still seems brand new. The carpet is soft, the beds are SUPER comfy and I always feel well rested waking up the next morning. Speaking of waking up, I cannot wait to go and eat the breakfast at the hotel so I actually don't sleep in! They have biscuits and gravy, sausage, yogurt, chocolate milk, juice, a pancake machine, cereal, bananas, muffins and bagels. Plus the woman working at the breakfast area was very kind and greeted us when we came down to eat. It made us feel welcomed!
I had also requested that we get a late check-in and when we got there we had no problem checking in, and we were also recognized as a rewards member! I love that it is in a quiet part of town, but only a few minutes away from the Mall, other shopping areas and restaurants. I always tell family and friends that they should stay here when they are coming to Sioux Falls.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We appreciate the positive feedback about your overall stay as well as details including cleanliness, service, and breakfast! I will be sure to pass along all of your wonderful comments to our staff ! Again, thank you for your feedback and also referring friends and family to our hotel, we look foward to seeing all of you in the near future!