Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest
Ranked #21 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
San Diego, California
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We were allowed to check in early which was a huge help for us that day. The staff was friendly and professional. They seemed genuinely happy to be there. The hotel room was extremely spacious. The air conditioner was really loud however. The continuous cycling was a bit distracting while sleeping. Breakfast was very good with lots of choices. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed May 2013
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad we could accommodate you by getting you checked early. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pewaukee
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed for a few nights while working in Sioux Falls area. Very nice new facility, restaurants nearby were good too
Staff very helpful and welcoming. Convenient to nearby shopping mall as well as movie theaters.

• Stayed May 2013
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from in the Sioux Falls area, so we just want to say "Thank you for choosing to give us an opportunity!'.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed 1 night for a weekend trip to see family. Got a 2 queen with the sofa bed. Reasonable price. Read a review about loud familys at the pool so was excited to be on the 3rd floor. Loved everything about this hotel until we shut off the TV to go to sleep only to realize that there was a party next door. But breakfast was lovely. So as long as you have some quiet neighbors this place was great!

• Stayed May 2013
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay except for the noisy neighbors. I am sorry to hear you could hear your neighbors. I hope you notified the front desk immediately so we could get them quieted down right away for you. I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future. Thank you for reviewing our property.
SD
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I travel on business quite often, so we find ourselves staying in hotels 85-90 nights a year. This hotel is one of our favorites. The staff is friendly and professional, the rooms are large and clean, have very comfortable beds, and quality linens on the beds and in the bathrooms. Breakfast is always good with about anything you would want including a make your own pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and all the rest. This hotel has a swimming pool area, catering to kids. We will be back and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelmomma78
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We appreciate you saying "Best of the best!" We know traveling on business you stay in a lot of hotels and have many choices out there. Thank you for choosing us.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night in April while traveling across country and overall I have to say I was very impressed. First time staying at a Holiday Inn/Express and it was very clean and had updated furniture and decor, and overall was very spacious.

I was in a room with double queen size bed and the room didn't feel small or cramped at all; it felt quite large and spacious. The room was very nice, clean, bathroom was big & spacious and also had a small (but still large) fridge & microwave.

I enjoyed the free high speed internet,complimentary breakfast (which had a large selection), and their computer/business area to print out some documents.

It's in a fairly good location as far as places to eat/shop/gas, etc. I don't know much about Sioux Falls (as far as what to see/do), as I mentioned, I was only passing through but we were fairly close to the Mall & general shopping area so that made it easy for us. It's location might not be ideal for other tourist attractions but for our purpose it exceeded our expectations and had no complaints.

Staff was friendly & helpful. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this location to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. For just passing through, we know you have a variety of hotels to choose from. We are glad you chose to stay with us. Thank you for your detailed review.
Aberdeen, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Spent April 6th here and everything was top notch! The front desk was very helpful and we got to check in early! We stayed in a king bedroom extended-stay room. It had a kitchenette that was fully furnished. We liked the extra room and the two HD TV's. The pool area was very nice with a kid's pool area which was perfect for our grandkids. The breakfast was very good and was kept filled and tables cleaned as needed. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are happy to hear you had such a great stay with us and look forward to your future stays with us.
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I have tried to regularly stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels because I like knowing what to expect. I have joined their Priority Rewards program and always book in advance. None of that helped me on my latest visit. I arrived late (9:00) and was placed in a room directly across from the elevator with young girls next door holding an unsupervised slumber party. They were running through the halls and repeatedly slamming the door. When I asked for a new room I was told that the hotel was full and that they couldn't make any changes. Since I was a member and paid for a room ahead of time I had hoped that a more ideal room would have been held for me. This hotel does not reward their members at all. Most others offer a complimentary bottle of water and a snack. This HIE offers nothing and dumped me in a less than acceptable area. I was very disappointed.

On the upside, however, the room was beautiful and the breakfast was fresh and good. I appreciate the quality of most HIE hotels. This is a relatively new hotel, and they need to work on their customer service. I don't think I would return. There are many other choices.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I appreciate your being honest with me about your stay. I am sorry that you were not satisfied about your room location, our staff did have good intentions for your arrival. As a Priority Club member, we upgraded you to a king suite complimentary at the discounted rate you paid on a standard room and we placed you on the top floor so no one would be above you. The hotel was full this weekend and I do apologize for not being able to move you. In the future, I ask that you please request at the time of making your reservation not to be near an elevator. It is much easier for us to meet your needs earlier in the day. We hope that you will consider our hotel again in the future. Please feel free to contact me at 605-275-4155. Thank you.