Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Belvidere, Illinois
“Perfect for family”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

While on our most recent vacation to visit some National Monuments, we stopped here as a nice place to break up a 15 hr trip. The hotel was convenient to the highway, new, clean, and spacious. The hotel staff was friendly. We traveled with our 14 & 16 yo children so the room setup was very nicely laid out too. We booked a double queen with a pullout sofa. The room also had a nice sized frig & microwave with a single-cup coffee maker too. We used the well equiped workout room & ate the free breakfast the next day which included a pancake machine (press the button & a fresh pancake pops out the side within a minute), scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, cereal, and many others. There is an indoor pool of nice size with a seperate kids pool that has an "umbrella" with water tumbling over the top of it. While there, we visited Falls Park, where the city gets it's name, which was probably a 12 minute drive. For dinner, we did not take the recommended Bracco's, we went to Nucci's per Tripadvisor & found pretty good Italian. We walked in & my family went "what are we doing here"? I laughed because it did look like a place to go for gelato, not dinner. Mama Rita is indeed in the kitchen cooking. I teased her that she forgot to put the capers in my pasta, and she was so sorry! It was cute! She also makes the gelato. Yummy!! A fun & interesting place to eat & glad we went. Bracco's was crowded, but seemed very "chain-like".

Room Tip: We always ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is wonderful to hear our hotel met your family's needs. Thank you for taking the time to describe some of the features of our hotel that you experienced during your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future if you are in the area or just passing through. I will have to try Nucci's myself as you made the gelato sound like a good treat. I am looking forward to it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed here twice. The staff is very nice, no snotty desk clerks like you so often find. Price was reasonable. I have young kids and they LOVE the kiddie pool. Me too - I could sit and relax along the side while they slid and splashed. My only complaint would be the extremely slick floor (which I believe they were planning to fix). Our room was upstairs just from the pool and it was very quiet. Breakfast was also good. We will stay here again and again.

• Stayed June 2012
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our property. It is always exciting to here how much the kids love the splash pool. I know our owners are working with the tile company to find a solution for the tile in the pool area. Thank you for continuing to stay with us. We look forward to your future stays with us.
Lake Zurich, Illinois
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I liked this hotel because it's close to everything, but it's just on the other side of the expressway so it's quiet. Rooms are clean and the hotel is new, we slept well with hearing very little to no noise. The free breakfast was good too with a decent selection of what has become the norm for hotels in this price range. If I needed t stay in Sioux Falls, I would stay here a again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is wonderful to hear you slept well during your stay with us. We look forward to your future stay with us when you are in Sioux Falls.
san diego ca
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while visiting family. The place is brand new so everything was great. I loved the bath towels-very soft. Even though there was what appeared to be a young boys baseball team staying on my floor, the room was quiet. The air conditioning worked well. The staff was helpful and friendly. My 15 month old grandson loved the kiddie pool but it was a bit chilly. The location was perfect for me, and there is a drugstore just 2-3 blocks away. Other shopping and places to eat are minutes away by car. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank milmomSD
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that our location was perfect for you and you go to enjoy and spend time in the pool with your grandson. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed one night. Hotel was nice & clean. Staff was very friendly. Only complaint is the night we were there the chlorine level in the indoor pool was either too strong or not enough ventilation. I could still smell the chlorine on my skin after taking a shower. We were only in the pool for about an hour & had to leave because it was starting to burn our eyes. Very nice pool, hot tub and separate pool play area for kids. Would stay again, but would check the pool out first.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jenny B
Jessie B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for commenting on our property! I greatly appreciate that you took personal time to review our hotel. I am glad that for the most part, your stay was great. I would like to visit with you about what I can do for you to make it right since you had an issue in our pool area. Sometimes, during the weekends especially, our pool use load can get high and that causes the clorine chemicals to bond. When clorine bonds, that is when people can smell the clorine odor. Hotels typically shock their pools in order to break the bond and get rid of the odor. I am assuming that we needed to shock our pool and we were waiting until the pool closed as to not cause harmful issues to our guests. I feel bad that you were unable to enjoy that area of our hotel for as long as you would have liked to. We strive to make sure that every guest leaves satisfied, please call me the next time you come into town and I will gladly give you a free upgrade into a family stay for your inconvenience. Thank you!

Jessie Bent
North Dakota
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Top to bottom, this is a great place. Excellent location for so many things. We're here for soccer and its just a couple exits on 229 and takes about 4 minutes. No hassle of driving through town. Its close to alot of shopping and the hotel itself is brand new. Everything smells new and fresh.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our new hotel during your recent stay. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our convienent location to your event.
Road Warrior
Reviewed June 5, 2012

There are a lot of nice hotels in the Sioux Falls area but this Holiday Inn Express might be the cream of the crop. No kidding, this hotel is absolutely fantastic, for maybe the first time ever in over 600 hotels stays I can't think of one single area where this hotel could improve.

This is a brand new property, It very obvious to me that the owners put a lot of thought and money into this hotel, they definitely did not go the cheapest route in furnishings and design as most hotel owners tend to do these days, this place is top notch all the way. They have set it up where it's both a great family hotel and a great business traveler hotel.

My room was a HUGE king suite, I was automatically upgraded as a Priority Club Platinum member which was a bonus. Cleanliness was impeccable, the housekeepers clearly take pride in their jobs here. The room had a small kitchentte with microwave/fridge, sink and some cabinets, a large flat screen tv and a comfortable desk and chair to work at. The bed was very comfortable, the mattress was a Serta Diamond Suite, which is a high quality mattress. The Diamond Suite mattress is a bit on the firmer side but still pretty plush, I tend to prefer hotels that have the Serta Presidential Suite mattresses which are a tad softer but I still slept really well here too.

Bathroom was huge, had great lighting and a very classy walk in shower, no disgusting bathtub which was a real plus for me..!!

Everything in the hotel still smells brand new. As another review mentioned as soon as you walk in the door and step on the carpet you sink down into in, very squishy, can feel the carpet padding which is a first for me in a hotel....I doubt most hotels even use padding beneath their carpets, they just put the cheapest stuff in.

There is abundant parking and the location is great, area itself is fantastic, there is nothing really in walking distance of the hotel but on the other side of the Interstate there is all kinds of shopping and restaurants.

Overall this is an awesome hotel, the price is still very good right now, perhaps due to it's newness, so hurry up and book this one because once folks find out about this hotel you can expect that the price will go up big time because it's that good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AlCzervik1
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review of our property. It means a lot that you took time and effort to provide such a detailed review of our hotel. Our staff take pride in keeping our location looking wonderful. Thank you again for review our hotel.