“Good value, Friendly staff.”

Motel 6 Sioux Falls
Ranked #47 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
EAGAN, MN
“Good value, Friendly staff.”
Reviewed September 9, 2009

It's a basic place to sleep cheap. I would not want to spend a lot of time there but if your driving through and looking to save some money, this place is OK. Staff was good, room was relatively clean, with good access to the freeway. You get what you pay for but here I felt I got a little more value than some others. I would recommend a friend stay here provided they understood the cost vs benefit it offers.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank MN_TRAVLER_46

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 18, 2009

We stayed here on our way to Yellowstone. We got a double room for $45 a night which we thought was good.

The room was very small and we had a hard time finding a place for the playpen for our youngest. The beds were pushed up against the walls on each side and there was only a walking path between them. The outdoor pool was refreshing but was a little dirty.

This hotel didn't have a breakfast but was a great place to stay for a short overnight. I would not suggest this hotel for a long stay. We were only here for 10 hours and it was fine for that.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed December 3, 2008

My daughters and I stayed one night both on our way out to Montana and on the trip back.

The place was okay for a night or two, I wouldn't want to stay any longer. Only certain rooms had WiFi, and you had to pay for it. The doors are outside, no indoor hallways. The rates were very decent for what you got. The rooms were clean although they smelled like cigarettes and they were supposed to be nonsmoking rooms. I even found a cigarette butt on the dresser near the TV. But it was warm outside so we just turned on the fan above the door to air out the room. For the cheap price, we didn't expect much. The bathrooms were very clean.

They allow pets and on the trip back home we were delighted to be surrounded by contestants from a dog show that was in town. I'm sure animal haters wouldn't have liked it, but we love dogs and we had a blast seeing all the beautiful dogs coming and going. We also had a room on the second floor on the way back. The first trip we were on ground level, although we felt perfectly safe. Very close to the highway, but not noisy at all.

It was a basic, cheap and clean room. Good for a stopover to rest.

• Liked — Close to the highway, easy to find, cheap rates.
  • Disliked — Rooms smelled like cigarettes.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Grand Forks, ND
Reviewed April 28, 2008

With horrible roads throughout South Dakota due to a late April blizzard, and us on a nine hour drive to cover what normally takes four, we were exhausted when we decided to put in at the Motel 6 in Sioux Falls, rather than continue to Omaha. The guy at the desk was perfunctory, but efficient, in giving us our non-smoking room on the second floor for $54.

That pretty much ends anything good. The (outside) stairs to the room had 2-3 inches of ice and snow on them, both that night and the next morning. The outside corridor down to our room had about six inches of snow, unshovelled. The room had two double beds crammed in, the person on the "outside" of the bed had to climb over the other to get in and out of bed. The walls were super thin and every noise outside was enough to wake you up, and there was plenty of that, with people shouting, cars running and dogs barking. All bedding smelled horribly of smoke. There was no shampoo in the bathroom and the shower was some bizarre "reverse design" that looked like it had cost $1.50 to put in.

Worst hotel stay, ever. We (for reasons beyond reason,) stayed at a Motel 6 in Omaha the next night, and that was a pretty nice place (though they still didn't have any shampoo.)

No frills, I can take that, but this place was dangerous (with the slippery stairs and hallway,) noisy and cruddy. Even if there's a blizzard, the offerings at another exit are well worth the drive.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Sioux Falls hotels

US
Reviewed November 16, 2007

We arrived late in the evening...when we got to our room the light was on. before we got there ..I went back to the office and ask the night person to check out if someone was in the room...he seemed as nervous as I was and refused to go look. Told me to look thru the window. Then we got in the room there was no soap at al lthe room smelled like sewer. I didn't sleep well because I was so afraid that someone else had a key to the room. The next morning I opened my bag to a mouse jumping out and mouse poop in the shower. The front door didn't shut well--thus, I'M SURE THE MOUSE. -I know I shouldn't have stayed there but it was late and had two very tired toddlers. My toddlers slept on the floor in sleeping bags. I hate to know where the mouse was.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank mkisa1987
Nebraska
Reviewed October 30, 2007

This Motel 6 was very clean. The grounds were well kept, clean and free of trash. The girl at the front desk was extremely helpful and nice.

• Liked — Very clean
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Winnipeg
Reviewed July 31, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Motel 6 Sioux Falls on a road trip down to California. This was our first stop of the trip, and we were pleasantly surprised by the fact that it was spotlessly clean (including the bathroom!) with a comfortable bed, cable TV, and what seemed like a safe atmosphere - which was the same experience we had at every other Motel 6 along the way. Right on the Interstate - ideal location.

All we wanted was a place to sleep and this was MORE than adequate for a young couple traveling together.

• Liked — Clean, safe, inexpensive
  • Disliked — No clock in the room
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple