“NOT BAD”

Golden Dragon
Ranked #263 of 411 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The food was good and the selection was good, just nothing that stood out to make it EXCELLENT. The price was fair and we have certainly eaten there more than once so it's not bad just not our favorite!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had searched for a Chinese restaurant with good reviews and Golden Dragon came up with pretty good reviews. I'm not sure if I hit an off day but it was not so good.
Pros: Restaurant looked clean, friendly staff; Egg Rolls were OK.
Cons: The food had a "smoky" taste (almost like liquid smoke) not to
mention just not very tasty. Edible but not exceptional. I had almond
chicken and the meat was lightly battered/fried; very few almonds and
didn't taste like any other almond chicken I've ever had.
When I place my order, I also ordered a couple entrees to go for my family
and those too were disappointing. My husband's comment, "Definitely have
had better Chinese food; this was nothing to write home about."
(Had ordered Sweet and Sour and Beef and Pea Pods (had a total of 7
pea pods). Another thing I noticed and didn't like was the addition of
PEAS, not pea pods but peas, and lots of them in my Almond Chicken.
Maybe cheap filler but not what I expect in Almond Chicken.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had the food delivered to my hotel room and it was just okay. There was nothing special about it and the price was the normal price range you would expect. The delivery was quick and the food was hot. They did provide utensils and a plate since they were delivering to a hotel. The crab rangoon was nothing to special nor was the General's Chicken. The fried rice was a little bland and nothing to write home about. Overall it was average and nothing spectacular.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I always enjoy lunch at the Golden Dragon. When they say spicy...it is spicy which I appreciate. I also appreciate their willingness to serve sauces on the side... diet-friendly. Usually has tables available which is another plus.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This might be the best Chinese restaurant in a city that's loaded with Chinese restaurants. Food is very tasty and fresh. Prices were bumped up a little in the past year.