“Tasteless service”

Imperial Garden
Ranked #233 of 404 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have found difficulty in my search for good quality Chinese food in Sioux Falls and tried this place not once but twice. My first impression of the food and service was poor so I gave them a second chance a few months later. The waitress/greeter asked our group of five..."so eat in our take out?" in a cold, rude tone. As soon as we were taken to our table she showed up with 5 glasses of water and says, "Water is ok for everybody, right?" Then with our orders she was just as curt, rude, and unfriendly. The food came out quickly and the flavor was "ok" albeit more bland than most Chinese food I have had. The portions(albeit over lunch) were somewhat stingy too. Negatives: Mediocre food, poor customer service. Positives: fast service. Verdict: I will not give them a third chance.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely delicious Chinese food, NOT heated up boxed food. This is the real deal, hot & fresh!

The staff is extremely attentive & professional.

*Bonus-The price point is lower than many Chinese restaurants, however the quality of the food is great. A++

4  Thank sdlabman
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stopped here based upon the highly complementary previous review. We were the only customers at 3:30 on a Sunday afternoon. The service was very friendly, a nice dining room.

Three of us tried to eat, none of us could finish. Everything super salty, very little other flavor. If they make their own egg rolls the chef should quit - tough & overcooked, no flavor but salt & pepper. The "fried rice" was not, also undercooked. Wonton soup = marginal at best. Moo shu beef = swimming/drowned in soy sauce (did I mention salty?) Chicken lo mein = undercooked noodles but what chicken was there was good (and salty!) Huge disappointment, will not go back.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

E-Ping (the Owner/Chef) does the best Shrimp dishes! The Garlic Brown sauce is the bomb! The Hula beef is great starter. Ask for Jasmine Tea for a special treat. The service is super, very friendly. A Great place to take a date. We love eating at the Imperial Garden!

2  Thank notop4me