“Nutritiously balanced, mixed Mediterranean, reasonable price”

Sanaa s Gourmet Mediterranean
Ranked #11 of 392 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Manhattan Kansas
“Nutritiously balanced, mixed Mediterranean, reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

On a trip to the area we found this little jewel. The atmosphere is pleasant, clean and simple (think cafeteria)--not a fancy prom night venue. The food is fabulous! Fresh, wholesome and unique combinations that hint at the Mediterranean diet, but include other Middle Eastern flavors. The Friday night buffet did not have a lot of choices, yet everything was flavorful with choices for vegetarian as well as gluten free diets and meat also. Sanaa was there supervising and greeting diners; she is a nutritionist and offers cooking classes in the area which would be fun to take.

1 Thank BanaB

“Awesome food, great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I really haven't found a thing I don't like here. I have come for work, special celebrations and with my family. The food is outstanding and all made fresh. The owner is kind and answers any questions about dishes or prep. Try the buffet on Friday night or on Saturday afternoon, you can try a little of something you might not be as familiar. Her desserts are too die for, try several, they are worth every calorie.

• Visited July 2012
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Sanaa is a very nice person who is an amazing cook!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I live in Colorado, but was visiting my grandmother who lives in Sioux Falls. My mom had been wanting to try this restaurant due to all the great press about it. It did not disappoint us! Well...at least my mom and I! My 8 year old wasn't too enthused, but she's kind of picky. My 86 year old grandma was also sweating from "spice", which I thought was very funny, as I didn't consider it "spicy", just "flavorful". So...if you're a meat and potatoes, and only use salt and pepper for your "spices" - I would not recommend this place! If you are someone who loves fresh food, full of flavor - try it!

I spoke with Sanaa to ask questions about the menu items and she was super nice. She even gave me some samples to try. I tried a sample of the Shish Tawook chicken and it was soooooooo delicious! It was so flavorful that I'm really sad I didn't get an entire meal of this. I just really wanted to try other items, as everything sounded so good. I also tried the soup of the day - lentil. I thought this was just ok - not a lot to it. I decided to get the Mussakhan Fatayer combo. Fatayer is a Mediterranean calzone, made from pita bread dough, which is filled with a variety of stuffings, brushed with olive oil and baked in our stone oven. Mine had: Chicken breast pieces, sauteed with julienned onions, sun-dried tomato, roasted sweet red pepper and seasoning, closed and baked in pita bread dough. It was very good. It also came with saffron rice and a choice of a side. I choose the Muhammara: Pureed red bell pepper, walnuts, pomegranate molasses and coriander. It was sooooo wonderful! It came with super fresh pita to spread it on. I could have just had an entire plate of this - LOVED it! My mom got a Fatayer combo with Spinach and Walnuts: Pita bread dough stuffed with a mixture of fresh spinach, walnuts, onion and olive oil. This was pretty good if you like spinach, but I thought mine was better. My grandma got the Eggplant Fatayer: Broiled Eggplant With roasted sweet bell pepper, onions, light tomato sauce and feta cheese, closed and baked in pita bread dough. She said, "It does not taste like eggplant." Well...probably not the flavorless kind she's used to! I tried it and thought it was delicious - full of flavor. My 8 year old daughter had the Three Cheese Fatayer. She did not like it. Mom my and I thought it was good.

I heard that the buffet is really good. I think it would definitely be something to check out!

• Visited July 2012
Thames Coast
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Great selection and everything is delicious. Cabinet food for taking home is a great option. Really nice to go someplace with vegetarian and gluten free options.

Visited June 2012
Vermillion, SD
“Fabulous, fabulous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Sanaa Abourezk is a native of Syria who trained in Paris and thank goodness came to South Dakota to set up this delightful restaurant specializing in Middle Eastern cuisine. Try the sheesh tawook--chicken in a fragrant tomato cream sauce with a hint of Middle Eastern spice. The salads are to die for. Ask for a bag of pita to go and good luck getting home without eating all of its homemade deliciousness. Whatever you do, don't miss Sanaa's desserts which she makes from scratch daily. The baklava will make you cry with happiness.

Visited April 2012