“Reasonable Price Good Value”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sioux Falls
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Ft. Wayne, IN
“Reasonable Price Good Value”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I were on a trip and as it was getting late picked the Country Inn & Suites. The room was clean, linens good, no smell to the room and a courteous attendant at the desk. The price was good compared to the other hotels off I380 so I would say this was above average. The breakfast was average but hot and fresh.

Not related to the hotel but if you are driving I380 beware of the camera speed traps in CR, the speed limit drops to 55 mph and they use this as a way to extract extra revenue from travelers. A real rip off!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 18, 2013

What a treat! Not only was the staff friendly, but so helpful too! This was our first stay at this hotel chain. What a delight! Not only was the room large, fastidiously clean & comfortable but obviously recently renovated. Since we have traveled & spent many nights in hotels, we appreciate the little touches...like a soap dish in the bathroom. Though there was construction all around the hotel, we enjoyed a quiet night's sleep. Breakfast the next morning was a treat. There was a good variety of choices, including some fresh fruit salad. There were actual stoneware & flatware & coffee in an actual mug! Such a treat after paper & plastic ware. While we were there, we witnessed a health inspector checking temps on food, looking in drink dispensers & even checking utensil dispensers! I am sure they passed with flying colors! Also had dinner at the adjoining restaurant. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Located along the river walk downtown. Lots of construction in the area. Recent facelift. Attached restaurant closed on Sunday. Breakfast ok, not as good as other CI&S I have been to. Whirlpool spa needed attention.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2013

For $130, I was very disappointed with this hotel. Photos on website didn't represent the room I stayed in. Parking was a mess. I could tell they've done some updates, but the room had an odd smell. The iron was broken and the reservoir had a hole that leaked water. Any other time, I would have called the front desk and exchanged, but I was under a time crunch and just had to make do. Only good thing I can say about this hotel is that the location is great. Won't stay again if I can help it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jeff H
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was my first stay and a Country Inn and II was pleasantly surprised. I had a spacious king size room. A very comfortable bed, hot shower, and good breakfast too.
Nice downtown location that is easy to find.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hartford, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Everything was fantastic. Especially the staff. The employee that works the continental breakfast was great. My kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub (which wasn't too hot for them). The only real negative was the constant noise of trains blowing their horns half a block away which seemed like all night long. I turned the fan from the air conditioner on to try and drown out the outside noise. There is construction across the street that started quite early but my kids get up at the crack of dawn anyway so that was fine. Our room was on the front of the building so the back may be better. Also, the way we drove in was through what looked like a sketchy neighborhood and wondered where the heck my husband booked our stay. Then it seemed to change quickly into more of a revitalized neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Kimberly P
ShelbyK138, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm so glad to hear we took good care of you.
Michigan
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel is located in a good spot. Close to Falls Park and the downtown area. However, the hotel was not what we expected from Country Inns.
Our room didn't smell fresh - we ended up opening the windows to air it out!
We arrived in our room to find a bag of towels, soaps, etc on our floor with a note that says so we missed cleaning your room.
We found someone's leftover milk in our fridge.
While the beds were made and things looked somewhat cleaned - it just didn't seem like it was.
We informed the front desk - she didn't seem too concerned.
The breakfast area is VERY SMALL. Maybe 20 or so chairs and more than 50 people trying to eat breakfast. Not fun!!!
We filled out the survey and were offered a free night to come back and try them again - however, this was a family vacation out west and we will not be traveling through the area any time soon. No response after that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy B
I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't have a good stay with us. It seems that something went wrong in housekeeping for you to have the checkin experience you had with your room. I apologize for that and assure you this is not typical. Customer service is our top priority and I'm sorry that it seems that didn't happen for you. Please call Amber at the hotel to make this right.