“Walk to Falls Park and Downtown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sioux Falls

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sioux Falls
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Wisconsin
“Walk to Falls Park and Downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We enjoyed staying at this hotel. The manager on duty when we checked in was very friendly and helpful with directions and recommendations. No problem with our room; it was just as expected and had a nice view of the river. We stayed in a suite with a queen bed in one bedroom and a pullout for the kids in the sitting room area. Comfortable beds and nice televisions. Falls Park is a ten minute walk from the hotel and you could easily walk downtown to restaurants and the wonderful sculpture walk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Urbandale, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My team and I travel to Sioux Falls regularly. We always stay at this hotel. WHY? the staff is amazing..especially the front desk team and the manager (spiky black hair gal). The rooms are literally spotless and the beds are to die for. These are the most comfortable rooms with plenty of lighting and a very clean feel! I would reccomend this hotel over any other brand! The best I stay at!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I looked through the Sioux Falls Visitor Guide for awhile before calling for a reservation. When I called the 800 number the woman was not able to "locate" the discount from the guide. So I called the local number directly. I told the woman we had two adults and three kids. She told me she had a two queen with a pullout or a suite with the same. The base rate was very reasonable for a suite so I booked that. I asked if I could hold the room with my debit card, then pay with cash. She said that would be fine and to just pay with cash at check out. When we arrived, we checked in with no problems. When we got to the room the kids asked where the other bed was. It had one queen bed in a bedroom and a pullout couch. When I asked the gentleman at the desk about it he said that they didnt have any rooms like that in the hotel. I said "you dont have any rooms that sleep five?" Nope. Not without a roll away and that will be an extra ten dollars. ??!! Why in the world would the girl on the phone tell me you had a room for five people?! So I asked if he could waive the extra charge. Nope. Thats their policy... Should have just left but we had already gotten bags in room and everybody was ready to go site seeing and start our vacation. So I sucked up the extra charge. Ugh. Then later my husband comes to tell me there the front desk called saying there was a problem with the billing and wanted our credit card #. My husband obviously did not give that out and said he would go to the front desk. So I went to the front desk to talk to the gentleman there. I told him what was going on and he asked if he was the one that checked us in. I said yes and he looked it up on the computer and said he checked us in just fine and the credit card went through fine. He said he remembered sending the phone call up to us and they had just asked for room number 206. He did call his supervisor and he was told to not send calls to a room number without asking who they were looking for. Then when we were ready to leave in the morning we got our receipt under the door and our credit card was charged at 2 in the morning instead of being able to pay cash. Overall after our experience I would not recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Bean52136
ShelbyK138, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
We are sorry that the hotel didn't meet your expectations. We have addressed the issues you mentioned to make sure that this doesn't happen in the future. We hope if you are in the area again you will give us another try. Please call Amber at the hotel so we can make this right.
Yankton, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Can't say enuff about Amber and her staff at this awesome hotel! Stay here over 25 days a year and love it! New fitness center, stunning view of the the river, great restaurants in the area and a fun little bar and deck next to the Sioux River. Good breakfast too! Can't go wrong here.

• Stayed June 2013
Bellevue, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Can't understand why AAA gives this facility just 2 diamonds. It's clearly far better than that. The place is well maintained and exceptionally clean. Rooms are well furnished and comfortable and quiet. The beds and bedding are not top-notch but are still fine. TV and wi-fi are great. It's within a short walk to downtown and is right on the super bike trail that encircles the city. Most impressive was the breakfast. Excellent variety of high quality food served on/with plates, cups, utensils good enough to be in one's home, i.e., no paper and plastic. We've stayed here a number of times and will certainly do so again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west overlook the river and city.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Loveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a wonderful stay in this immaculately clean, quiet, friendly hotel. It took less than 5 minutes to get here from the highway, and it was a world away. As others have mentioned, there's a great path for strolling right at your door, charming river views, and plenty to see and do within walking distance. We are so glad we didn't just blow past Sioux Falls, staying on the interstate and eating in a chain.

Particularly, I appreciated that (a) the air conditioner worked a charm, even on an upper story, facing west on a hot day (b) the windows opened--rare in modern hotels (c) there were plenty of extra pillows and blankets and (d) to-go breakfasts are available for early departures.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Windsor, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed there the last 3 weekends, due to the location being so close to the Avera McKennen Hospital. I was very happy with how clean and quiet it was even though one of the nights it was full of high school track teams for the state events. Also its so nice to have the creek/river right out your window. The front desk staff was always very helpful with all our needs. The food was good, (get there early), and easy parking. Great running/walking paths right out the door.
I would stay there again when I am back in town.

Room Tip: get the side with the window to the river....not over the bar/restaurant
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family