I stay at country inns 15 to 20 nights a year so this review is more or less compared to the many other country inns I have stayed at.
The location is great, right off of down town with a nice view of a creek. The staff here was very courteous and professional from start to finish. The hotel is clean and in livable condition but not great. It is smoke free and that is always nice.
On our arrival I was expecting the usually country inn charm of fresh cookies. Not a big deal but you kind of get used to it and many country inns bake their own so it smells wonderful. Well not this one! They had the cheapest, oldest, driest, dead oatmeal cookies that could be found in the day old bargain bin. Seriously you would do yourself a HUGE favor to have nothing at all rather than what was on the counter.
The room was large and comfortable but rather oddly shaped and decorated. They left a lot of wasted space but no matter. The bathroom was clean but the door would not latch closed. Might not have been a big deal but apparently it was crooked enough that it opened all by itself too. I was not alone on the stay not being able to close the bathroom door was quite annoying.
On the way down to breakfast we usually grab the stairs but this stairway led to nowhere. It was only an outside access. It would have been really handy to have that posted at the door at the TOP of the stair well rather than to find out at the bottom.
Apparently everyone is just supposed to know there way around this hotel. There was not one sign in the place directing us elevators, the breakfast room or anywhere else. Do the Carlson folks not visit their own hotels and look for this stuff??
I think there is a lounge or restaurant at the hotel but there was no sign or menu by the door so I am not positive on that. With the weather as it was we probably would have eaten there was.
The breakfast area was a bit on the small side for this size hotel but not a disaster since it was not very busy when we were there. The food was fine and it was pretty clean.
It wouldn’t take much to get this property up to Country Inn spec and really none of the above issues would keep me from going back. Still it was dissipointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests will find the Country Inn & Suites in Sioux Falls, SD conveniently located in the heart of downtown, near Falls Park and the business district. Your stay in Sioux Falls will be stress-free thanks to our helpful services, including a heated indoor pool and whirlpool, complimentary high-speed Internet access and an on-site restaurant. Situated in downtown Sioux Falls, our hotel's location makes it easy for guests to visit the Old Courthouse Museum, the Sioux Falls Arena and Convention Center, the Washington Pavilion of Arts & Science and the Great Plains Zoo. Reserve your room online today and discover all the great benefits of the Country Inn & Suites in Sioux Falls, SD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Priceline, Expedia, Carlson, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sioux Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Sioux Falls
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sioux Falls Hotel Sioux Falls
- Country Inn Sioux Falls
- Sioux Falls Country Inn