“Best hotel experience I've ever had.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls
Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
New Milford, New Jersey
“Best hotel experience I've ever had.”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Now, granted, I don't stay in a lot of hotels, but I've stayed in enough of them to judge. In addition, I'm a picky NYC gal. I would have had to pay triple what I did in my hometown area to get a room that nice. Not only was the room beautiful, but the service was top notch. I'll comment on the room first:

Clean and homey. Just like I was at home. The furnishings, the lighting, and every need was met. I had a little kitchenette that had everything I could possibly need, right down to ice in the freezer and a complimentary soap packet for the dishwasher. Oh, and a packet of microwavable popcorn. There was a desk area to do work, with full internet access. A wall mounted flat screen TV that swiveled so you could see it anywhere in the room. The bed was comfortable and had the softest blanket.

Service: I was in Sioux Falls without a car. I was depending on a friend for my transportation. But my friend wasn't always available. I found myself desperately needing to get a prescription filled, but no ride to get to the nearest pharmacy. The hotel called me a taxi and paid for the fare. I thought that was really wonderful. They didn't have to do that.

There's a business center for people who don't have a laptop computer with them. I found that very helpful, to check my email each day. You can also print, fax and mail from there, as well.

There is a complimentary breakfast, in which I did not partake. There was also a complimentary dinner, Monday through Thursday. I went twice. The food really wasn't very good, but it was free and came in handy as I had no car to go looking for food. The front desk also was able to give me several take out menus so that I could order in, which came in very handy.

The hotel is close to many stores and places to eat, but only if you have a car. I did not, so that made it difficult. They did have a shuttle, but I did not use it. They also had a little "Suite Shop" which sold some basic items. I used that a great deal.

I really couldn't hear much of what was going on in other rooms, which is always a plus. On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd rate the hotel a 10. I was VERY pleased with my stay there (which was nine days long) and would recommend it HIGHLY to anyone.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed July 17, 2010

this hotel is just off of I 229. There are many eating options within a short drive of the hotel. The hotel is clean, well maintained, and is a good value. Breakfeast is the standard Homewood Suites fare. A good option in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We've stayed in many homestead hotels and they are always excellent. Same goes for this one. Would highly recommend to travelers wanting a more "homey" feel, vs cramped hotel rooms. Only issue was the breakfast (free). Eggs, o.j etc were pretty bad to the point we couldn't eat it and grabbed some arby's food on the road. But hey, breakfast is free, so can't really say too much about it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed July 3, 2010

This place couldn't be better. It seems really new, well run, clean and spacious. They seem to really pay attention to detail. Barbara, who runs the breakfast room, is really great and hard working. This is money well spent!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Lee2767
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I pick these hotels because they're part of the Hilton family, and you usually know what you're getting. I appreciate the free wine and "Manager's Reception". the food is never outstanding, but it's a nice alternative to driving around a strange city looking for a restaurant, especially when the weather is bad..

I think the biggest problems I had during this stay was when they allowed me to check in, they ended up giving me a room that hadn't been cleaned yet (gross), so I had to go back to the reception area to get a different room. My other major complaint was trying to use the key card to access the side door to the building. When I was there the area was having torrential rains, and the key card wouldn't work. I stood there getting drenched and practically blown away while I dug in my bag for the second card (which worked). Apparently there's a problem with the locks when it rains.

Breakfast was decent, hotel staff were friendly, and the room was comfortable. I was able to get a lot of work done at the desk area and always enjoy having the little sitting area. The workout area was small but clean and in an area where you didn't have a lot of people passing by and gawking at you while you sweat.

In spite of the negative things, I'll likely stay at this hotel again, mainly because it's a Hilton.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Central Arizona, Arizona
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We booked the Homewood Suites based on Trip Advisor reviews, even though it wasn't the No. 1 rated hotel. This is our first Homewood Suites stay and we were pleasantly surprised. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and welcoming, and our king suite was great. Plenty of room, with a small kitchenette if one is looking to cook or stay for more than a day or two. Internet connection is good. Also on Mondays-Thursdays they offer a complimentary dinner from 5 - 7 p.m. A nice touch. Every night of the month is different and a menu is posted on the refrigerator in the room. It also has a hot breakfast. The room rates seemed reasonable to us even before we knew that the dinner was included. Great for travelers who just don't want to drive arouond in a city they are unfamiliar with looking for a dinner restaurant. We would definitely stay here again. It is a real gem.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I spent two nights here in January 2010, great stay. The breakfast saved me money every day and it was great food! The dinner reception was equally as good...really good food...wine...beer...salad...was nice to just kick back and have supper right there....overall staying here saves me supper and breakfast every day.

Room was very nice...spacious. Only complaint was that there was no ice bucket in the room...if ice was not made in the freezer for you...you were out of luck.

I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business