WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Indianapolis, United States
“Highly Reccomended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

10 outy of 10 in all areas. A beautiful, clean, quiet and somewhat-secluded, friendly environment; that is close to several historic locations. If/when I make it back to this area, I will be sure to stay at this particual location, as well as recommending it to my friends and others who may travel tothis part of the US.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cape coral, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I loved this hotel. We stayed here for almost a month, while in town for my husbands job. The ONLY thing I would change about this place is the days and times of the food service. Breakfast is 7 days a week, but they need to expand the hours for later in the morning. They also do dinner (with free wine!!!and beer) but only mon-thurs. They should do it 7 days. Most nights the dinner is pretty good. As far as breakfast goes, YUM!! The waffles are great, and OMG they have to-die-for chocolate chip cappuccino muffins every day. I don't know how I will survive without them (I even stole two extras on my last morning there to take with me for the road heehee).
The housekeeping service was awesome too, they were all very nice. Front desk people were awesome too. The first time I did our laundry, the dryers kinda sucked. I informed the front desk that they weren't drying the clothes and they kindly let me use the housekeeping dryers for the rest of my stay.

Another awesome thing was their shuttle service. They will take you anywhere in town for free with only like a half-hour notice, for drop off and pick up.

The hotel is also kid-friendly, the employees were so nice to my 3yr old, which I very much appreciate.

I have no real complaints on this hotel, I recommend this hotel very highly, and hope to be able to stay at another Homewood at whatever city we end up in.

We stayed at the Microtel for the first week or two when we were in town, and it started out great, and then I wrote my review on it too soon, because I started noticing I was missing some medication out of the bottle. Two different kinds. Both had a couple missing almost every day. There is also a girl at their front desk who likes to visit the male guests in their rooms a little too much. One of those males stayed in the next room over and we were able to hear that they were, uh, enjoying themselves in there. I heard her leaving around 2am and looked out my door to see her kissing him goodbye for the night. As soon as I can make another review on the microtel, I am going to include all that info. Funny, when we moved to this Homewood suites, none of my medication was missing at all!

In short, this hotel is really great. I loved it, I felt right at him here. Stay here.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Heather1911
Elkader, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We packed in a hurry and traveled 400 miles to Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The room was a refuge and as we experienced a sad trip to town Having the extra space in the suit enabled all three of us to be very comfortable.

Wheaton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Had an incredible experience. Accommodations and amenities were first class. Absolutely would stay here again, without a doubt! Best hotel we stayed at during our week in South Dakota. Manager's receptions had incredible food and breakfast was superb!

Saint Michael, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

I really like Homewood Suites hotels and look for them when I am travelling as an option, but this one fell below standard. It wasn't very clean, the air conditioners rattled loudly, and the closet door wouldn't work.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Meloney M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel We apologize for the issues in your room and we’re working with our maintenance and housekeeping team to ensure these issues don’t happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We continue to enjoy this hotel each year. The condition of the hotel is the same as when we first stayed there four years ago. Excellent accomodations and comfortable surroundings. Rooms are extremely quiet although the AC takes a little getting used to. Highly recommended for groups.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

New Prague, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was not our first stay at the Homewood Suites in Sioux falls. Our first was around Christmas time 2012. During that visit, our children went swimming and we subsequently found a tampon floating in the hot tub. We reported this immediately to the front desk person, who came in with a pool net to fish it out. She then tried to tell us that she couldn't find it and then when she did find the floater, she tried to tell us that she didn't think it was what we were claiming it to be. We complained after that visit about our disappointment and were persuaded to "give them another chance."
This leads to our visit this 4th of July weekend. We were in town for a family reunion and had booked a king bedroom suite.

Upon arriving in the room and checking things over, we weren't blown away by any means, but we didn't feel like it was the roach motel. Here's our critique.

The bedroom:
Corner wallpaper is peeling away from the wall and is most prominently bad along the exterior corners.
One window would not open at all, while the other did, but would not stay open, it would slam back down if you let go of it.
Speaking of windows...not sure if housekeeping has cleaned said windows or sills in the past 10 years. There was quite a bit of dirt, dust, and animal hair on the sills.

Bed: Mattress is in sore need of replacement... Don't know how else to explain it. It has reached it's end of life.
There was no mattress pad cover. Only a pad? under the fitted sheet in the center of the bed.
Sheets appeared to have some sort of fluid stain on them... ick!

Bathroom: Quite a bit of caulk was missing along the middle section where the shower stall had been originally put together and the little that was there mold growing on it.
Along the floor outside the tub it appeared that housekeeping again hasn't cleaned it recently or even in regular intervals.

Breakfast: Meh. We appreciated having more than the typical continental breakfast, but wasn't impressed. Minimal, sometimes no, fruit. Scrambled eggs, sausage, and hashbrowns are nice, but the other Homewood Suites we've stayed at had a different breakfast every day.

Hot tub/pool: The kids thoroughly enjoyed the pool, however when my husband and I gave the hot tub a second chance, I couldn't even submerge my foot without feeling that my skin was going to melt off. For someone that routinely showers on hot, it was too hot. We again reported this issue to the front desk. A man walked between the controls and the hot tub a couple times. He then reported back to us that it was only 1 degree too warm at 105 when it was supposed to be at 104. I really wish that I would have had my own thermometer as neither my husband or I believe this. Still, hot tubs are typically around 100-102 degrees.

We've stayed at other Homewood Suites and have been thoroughly impressed. These locations were mainly around the Denver area. Maybe the management from the Homewood Suites Sioux Falls could visit these locations and learn a couple of things from them.

Unfortunately, for Homewood Suites Sioux Falls there will not be a 3rd visit for our family. We will find another place for our family to stay that provides a home like experience. Such a disappointment as we know how good this particular hotel brand can be.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Meloney M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.