“Great sized room, great breakfast for great price”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls
Ranked #12 of 54 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We had no complaints. We were able to check in 2 hours early which was great. I checked in over the phone so my other guests could be let into the room. The gal on the phone was VERY nice and accommodating with my request. The room was the perfect size for what we needed and very clean. The little kitchen was great. We all went down for the hot breakfast with eggs, sausage and hash browns. There was fruit, cereal, bagels, toast, Danishes, juice and of course fresh hot coffee. This worked out great for our "girls night" out.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 15, 2013

The hotel is wonderful, but the people don't care about you or your safety. I (woman alone at night) was stuck in a snow bank 5 blocks from the hotel and they not only didn't actually help me (policy), they didn't even check up on me to see if I was OK.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Meloney M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. I especially would like to express my concern regarding your being stuck in snow close to our hotel. I can assure you that our guests’ safety is our main priority and very much regret that you went through such an unpleasant ordeal, however, we do have certain policies that we must adhere to and sincerely apologize if we were not able to assist you during this stressful time.

Please know that your well being is very important to us and I would be more than happy to discuss this personally with you.

Best regards,
Meloney

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Positive...staff was friendly...breakfast had variety. Negative... The rooms carpet and bed mattresses need updating. Dirty carpet, mold in shower, mattresses hard and pullout bad. We have stayed in other Hilton and Homewood suites and this was one of the worst.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Our family held its family Thanksgiving at the Homewood Suites and used one of their conference rooms. The hotel room and conference were great for space, amenities, and use. The conference room was reserved almost 1 year in advance so we were guaranteed the space and the room was set-up (enough tables for seating, tables for food, and a TV/video system for the football games)just as requested. I would recommend this hotel for just the suites itself, but the breakfast area/lobby and other amenities were well used by the family.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I had reservations for three rooms, one room was cancelled as I was not able to make the trip. Despite the remaining rooms being used and paid for, my credit card was charged. I have had to call three times now to have these charges reversed and continue to get the run around even from a so called "supervisor." My family also had issues with checking in and out. Who cares how beautiful a hotel is if customer service lacks?

Stayed: November 2013
Meloney M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced by our cancellation policy. We do have certain policies that we must adhere to and I very much regret if in any way we did not make them clear when you first booked your room with us. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and apologize for any misunderstanding that might have occurred.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you went through and would be more than happy to discuss this further with you. Your satisfaction is our main concern and I make myself available for any questions you should have.

M Storgaard

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel is quiet and all the employees are helpful and friendly. The pool area is quite relaxing. Breakfast staff assisted me with the grandchildren and were cleaning off tables and replenishing the food items on the breakfast bar constantly. The front desk was accomadating when I asked for a later check out time. Parking is very good no matter what side of the hotel you are on. Easy on and off access to shopping and the Interstate highway system. They are able to accomadate large families with bigger rooms available on the third floor. Dishwashers and stoves/refrigerators in the rooms are convenient for us as we like to prepare our meals ourselves. Towels are provided at both the pool and workout areas with the restrooms right next to them.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Sasha at the front desk is very polite and very helpful there was a mix up on my reservations and they had made 2 reservations for me the first room they put me n was a smoking room hand it smelled awful I asked if they had a nother room that was non smoking she look for a little bit and found one this is the kind of service you expect from Hilton all the time everywhere you go awesome job Sasha.as far as a smoking room does that room even smell worse than some motel 6 smoking rooms they really need to use ioniozers to prevent that old smoke smell from permiating the building .

• Stayed: November 2013