New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Wisconsin
“Ok stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We love Homewood Suites, so when we were on our way home from Black Hills, we decided to stop over for the night before heading home to Wisconsin. It was my mistake that when I made the reservation online and booked a smoking room. Heavy smoke smell, but then again, totally my fault. The room was very nice. We were in a corner room and thought it would be very quiet, but a 5am we were woke up by a shower (must have been above us), but it was so loud, it sounded like a truck running in our room. We left shortly thereafter as the noise never subsided.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Meloney M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy shower sound. We encourage guests to let us know if they’re experience any noise discomfort so we can try our best to alleviate this. However, your comments will help us to improve our guest experience. Also, I’m very sorry that you mistakenly booked a smoking room. If that happens again during a stay with us, let us know, and we’ll try to accommodate you as best we can. We hope to see you soon. Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Plainfield, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I went on vacation end of August 2012 to Sioux Falls, SD for the first time. In checking hotels on-line for best deals and ammenities, I came across Homewood Suites by Hilton in Sioux Falls, SD. As I was doing my comparisions from a couple of hotel choices to research, I called the hotel directly to ask those questions and realized that by doing so, I got a better deal by calling the hotel directly verses any 1-800 numbers. The hotel rep stated to me if I made the reservations with her at that moment, she could get me a King Size suite for a Queen Size price (a savings about $15.00 plus tax per night). Then she realized that we had never stayed at a Hilton before and told us of some other really nice ammenities, i.e. full hot breakfasts each morning (most hotels offer only continental breakfasts) and on Mon through Thurs every evening they have a light meal (from 5-7 PM) that includes free beer and free wine. Being unemployed and living only on one income, this was a deal we couldn't refuse. We saved so much money by eating 3 of the 4 nights at the hotel and enjoyed a glass of wine in their beautiful courtyard - very, very relaxing indeed. The pool and hot-tub was also nice too. The service was excellent - seeing the hotel desk reps going above and beyond - for example, recommending restaurants in the area and sometimes having discount coupons for free appetizers to boot. They also provided a courtesy shuttle bus to whereever you needed to go within the city limits and though we did not use this service, I remembered one of the nights that we were considering it they were short a van driver, but was willing to call a taxi and have them take us where we needed to go and on the return and they vowed to pick up the cost. I don't know of any other hotel where I had stayed at that would have offered this service. I was really impressed and felt that it was one of the best hotels that I had ever stayed at on vacation. I highly recommend this hotel in Sioux Falls, SD and if new to Hilton like us, sign up for Hilton Honors reward card and start earning benefits to stay. Also, each suite has their own kitchennettes which my husband and I did use some of it's features and was grateful to have that option (which also helps to save money if you are on a tight budget). The food was very good too - as well as I forgot to mention if you like to BBQ, well they had a BBQ Grill that you could have used on your own outside in their courtyard as well - most hotels don't have that option either. You get more for your money staying here. I highly recommend it - while in Sioux Falls, see the DT Sioux Falls area, Great Plains Zoo and Delbridge Natural History Museum, USS South Dakota Memorial, and don't forget to take a road trip to see DeSmets, SD Laura Ingalls Homestead (that was very fun - you can take turns driving the covered wagon to the one-room school house). Very enjoyable, fun, and relaxing trip - the hotel made the difference not only in value and savings, but enjoyment as well. Thank You Homewood Suites Hilton in Sioux Falls, SD. Hope to be back your way in the future.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor - suggest the third floor because you can hear the people upstairs, espe...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Meloney M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive response! I share these with our staff and they will feel great satisfaction for making someones stay so comfortable! It is always lovely to hear of such a relaxing and enjoyable stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Best regards,
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed in Sioux Falls for the Lifelight music festival in nearby Worthing, South Dakota. The hotel was close and perfect for our large group. We had two large suites for our 20 high schoolers and leaders. Rooms were very nicely apportioned. Our suite had three rooms - one bedroom with a king bed and bath; one bedroom with two doubles and a recliner; a central room with a pullout. We brought an inflatable mattress for the central room and another for one of us on the floor. We were crowded, but the hotel was ok with that. Each room had a nice T.V. and was very comfortable. The breakfast was very nice with the standard eggs, sausage, cereal, muffins and fruit. We noticed the free dinner, but we were never there to get it. It was exactly what we were looking for. We'll be staying there next year.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the big suites with a HHonors membership.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Meloney M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for your review and positive feed back on your recent stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton of Sioux Falls. We sincerely appreciate your comments and strive to give all of our guests a comfortable and positive experience. I am so glad you and your group had an enjoyable time and we look forward to serving you again in the future! Best regards.
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Hotel shuttle van showed up quickly to pick us up at the airport. Staff very friendly and helpful on the late night arrival. Rooms were very clean, and sofabed had clean sheets. Beds were very comfortable. Large rooms to move about. Excellent breakfast to start the day. Would for sure stay at this Homewood again. Great location near interstate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
First and foremost, thank you! We love hearing the positive feedback from our guests. I share these reviews with our staff and it always lifts their day when they hear of a job well done. We look forward to serving you again. With sincere thanks,
MINDEN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed for an entire week. The only problem we had was at check-in. We arrived early for a softball tournament and thought we'd see if they could check us in earlier.

Understandably they didn't have the room ready but told us to check back. We went back an hour later and waited an hour in the lobby and then went to lunch and came back and waited 2 hours. That's 5 hours after we first asked and 3 hours after checkout time. They knew we were waiting and we are Diamond Members.

Yes, it was still before the posted check-in time, so it wasn't a huge surprise until.....while we were waiting, they checked 6 other families into the same type of room for the same length of stay. They should have had some type of process to ask the cleaning staff to get a room ready for us beings they knew we were waiting. Really frustrating watching others getting checked in when we were told NO rooms were ready yet.

Rooms were nice and clean. Beds were comfy. Nice to have 2 sets of washer/dryers in the guest laundry. Had a manager's reception Mon-Thurs, could have more kid friendly food though. Nice location, right off the interstate and close to several eating places.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Meloney11, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. Thanks to you we can learn from this feedback and make improvements for future guests. We appreciate all of our guests including our Hhonors members. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
central Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I cannot rate the quality of service in this hotel high enough. As a long time HHonors member I qualify for an upgrade at check in and this is the first hotel that ever did it without asking. You get a complimentary dinner and breakfast. Dinner comes with complimentary wine and beer. The facility was spotless and well decorated. Very upscale feeling for the price. Only bad part is the location. Not really close to anything.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
South Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Before my trip, I read many reviews in the Sioux Falls area. I settled on the Hampton Inn. A week before Inarrived I changed my reservation to the Homewood Suites. I try and stay at a Homewood Suites hotel due to the size of rooms, breakfast and dinner both included. I figured I could not go wrong. The previous reviews were ok, but not A+.

The hotel was very easy to find off the Highway. I arrived late but the front desk clerk was prepared with my room keys, and check in was an easy process. My room was on the second floor. The room layout was familiar to me. It had a refrigerator, sink, oven burners. The room was nicely sized, the flat screen tv had a swivel bracket to viewing anywhere in the room. The bathroom needs a bit updating, but was ok for my use. I was very comfortable in the bed and slept very well.

Breakfast was pretty organized and there were ample selections, both hot and cold. Attendants were present filling up the empty food bins and other utensils. After I. Prepared to leave for work on day one, I had a personally written note from the night audit supervisor. It was a welcome to the hotel. I was impressed with this note, as it really goes a long way to frequent travelers such as me. I have stayed a Hilton hotels in many cities and have never gotten a note like this. Good job to the management.

My stay was pleasant, and I would select the Homewood Suits should I travel to this city in the future.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business