“One night stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
New Mexico
“One night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Hotel shuttle van showed up quickly to pick us up at the airport. Staff very friendly and helpful on the late night arrival. Rooms were very clean, and sofabed had clean sheets. Beds were very comfortable. Large rooms to move about. Excellent breakfast to start the day. Would for sure stay at this Homewood again. Great location near interstate.

• 5 of 5 stars
Meloney M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
First and foremost, thank you! We love hearing the positive feedback from our guests. I share these reviews with our staff and it always lifts their day when they hear of a job well done. We look forward to serving you again. With sincere thanks,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
MINDEN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed for an entire week. The only problem we had was at check-in. We arrived early for a softball tournament and thought we'd see if they could check us in earlier.

Understandably they didn't have the room ready but told us to check back. We went back an hour later and waited an hour in the lobby and then went to lunch and came back and waited 2 hours. That's 5 hours after we first asked and 3 hours after checkout time. They knew we were waiting and we are Diamond Members.

Yes, it was still before the posted check-in time, so it wasn't a huge surprise until.....while we were waiting, they checked 6 other families into the same type of room for the same length of stay. They should have had some type of process to ask the cleaning staff to get a room ready for us beings they knew we were waiting. Really frustrating watching others getting checked in when we were told NO rooms were ready yet.

Rooms were nice and clean. Beds were comfy. Nice to have 2 sets of washer/dryers in the guest laundry. Had a manager's reception Mon-Thurs, could have more kid friendly food though. Nice location, right off the interstate and close to several eating places.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Meloney11, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. Thanks to you we can learn from this feedback and make improvements for future guests. We appreciate all of our guests including our Hhonors members. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
central Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I cannot rate the quality of service in this hotel high enough. As a long time HHonors member I qualify for an upgrade at check in and this is the first hotel that ever did it without asking. You get a complimentary dinner and breakfast. Dinner comes with complimentary wine and beer. The facility was spotless and well decorated. Very upscale feeling for the price. Only bad part is the location. Not really close to anything.

South Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Before my trip, I read many reviews in the Sioux Falls area. I settled on the Hampton Inn. A week before Inarrived I changed my reservation to the Homewood Suites. I try and stay at a Homewood Suites hotel due to the size of rooms, breakfast and dinner both included. I figured I could not go wrong. The previous reviews were ok, but not A+.

The hotel was very easy to find off the Highway. I arrived late but the front desk clerk was prepared with my room keys, and check in was an easy process. My room was on the second floor. The room layout was familiar to me. It had a refrigerator, sink, oven burners. The room was nicely sized, the flat screen tv had a swivel bracket to viewing anywhere in the room. The bathroom needs a bit updating, but was ok for my use. I was very comfortable in the bed and slept very well.

Breakfast was pretty organized and there were ample selections, both hot and cold. Attendants were present filling up the empty food bins and other utensils. After I. Prepared to leave for work on day one, I had a personally written note from the night audit supervisor. It was a welcome to the hotel. I was impressed with this note, as it really goes a long way to frequent travelers such as me. I have stayed a Hilton hotels in many cities and have never gotten a note like this. Good job to the management.

My stay was pleasant, and I would select the Homewood Suits should I travel to this city in the future.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ericm315
Watrous, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Way to go Homewood Suites. Sarah and Kristen were great Stacey and Roxanne made awesome meals The meatballs and pasta were excellent. Our a/c was due to be replaced but Jerry showed us how to reset the thermostat so that the a/c always worked. The pool was great nice and warm. Wonderful all around stay. On our return to list for sure.

• Stayed July 2012
Maryville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

At the last minute we needed rooms for 14 teenagers and 5 adults. Clerk at front desk went above and beyond the call of duty to get us rooms for the night. The most comfortable beds, great breakfast, and awesome pool, but the staff was exceptional. Dont hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The lobby gathering area was very nice--also had a fairly spacious courtyard. Everything in our room was ok except for the beds. Our room had a queen and pullout sofa. The mattress on the queen bed was very sunk in, and really uncomfortable. Also, the fitted sheet was a little too small, and continually pulled off during the night. The pullout was about as (un)comfortable as you would expect. Breakfast was average. Service was very friendly. Convenient location. All in all, not too bad, but for the money we paid ($119/night as part of our tournament rate) I would definitely look elsewhere next time.

• 1 of 5 stars