“comfort of beds”

Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, United States
“comfort of beds”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The beds were not like the other Hamptons I have stayed at. Very disappointing for the price I paid for the room. The staff did not express the "100% satisfactory guarantee" THe hotel was very noisy till 1AM on a Wednesday night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Valerie J
AMcCabe, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thanks for you review. So sorry the beds were not to your expectations. We have many new beds here at our hotel with our recent completion of our renovation. We do remember giving you the 100% Hampton Guarantee on your stay so I am not sure what happened there and you did decide to stay another evening. Please call me direct if you have any questions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've usually had pretty good experiences at Hampton Inns across the country but this one was a little off. Since there were four of us, I selected a room with queen beds. This room was not designed for queen beds. There was a desk at the far end of the room and the office chair could not slide back more than six or seven inches before it hit the bed. The headboards didn't even line up with the beds but it does show you how much better off you have it because two people (my brother and I) barely fit on a queen bed let alone a full size bed that many hotels use. A queen bed is six inches wider than a full, by the way. Aside from that, the room was clean and had all the amenities like an HDTV that actually shows HD channels and a fridge and microwave.

Breakfast the next morning was similar to any other Hampton Inn (hot and cold items, changing daily) but what disappointed me were the eggs that were dry and almost had the consistency of packing peanuts. This was repeated on the second day as well. The other disappointment was that on the second day there were no meat options. The first day had biscuits and gravy but to not even have bacon was surprising. I know some people are probably scoffing at this but when you select a hotel that serves breakfast you expect to see certain items offered every day.

There were a bunch of families with kids in town for a Little League / Softball tournament. This basically made the pool unusable as kids were always using it (can't really complain, that would happen anywhere). But the really irritating thing was that these kids were running around with no supervision. I was working out in the gym when three of them showed up and starting messing around with the equipment (you have to be 18+ to use the gym). I wasn't going to tell them to go away so I texted my brother to call the front desk. Thankfully the clerk came in and cleared them out (and they didn't even know I ratted them out, hehe!). My message to the sports groups and tours that bring kids in large numbers is that you are not the only people in the hotel, and you need to teach your kids to be respectful of other guests. If you can't do that, then maybe you should stay home. You're not here to get drunk and let the hotel be your babysitter. At the same time, I wish the hotel would do a better job of explaining that the hotel is not a frat house.

Finally, when a hotel advertises that it has high speed internet, I expect it to actually be high speed. This may be ATTWIFI's fault more than the hotel's but it's irritating to have Netflix freeze every few minutes. I know that a lot of this depends on local traffic, time-of-day and that technically high speed is anything faster than 200kbps but one meg per second is not high speed in my book in this day and age.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelerNotTourist01
Harrison AR
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was good and bad. The room was excellent. Clean room, bathroom, etc. Bed was comfortable but due to the noise of the kids (soccer and baseball teams) gathering in the halls and on the stairs it was a very restless night. The night manager did her best to quieten them but apparently the coaches and parents had no control over the children. Our thanks to Peggy, assistant general manager. When asked about our stay we told her our experience. She was very gracious and immediately comped our stay. Thanks again to the managers. They tried their best but it was the coaches and parents who should have had more controls over the kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had a business meeting in Sioux Falls and reserved 8 rooms at this hotel. Working with Abby (Director of Sales) was a breeze, she was very accommodating. The front desk staff is super nice and very efficient. If you are in need of a hotel in Sioux Falls I highly recommend the Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway - I did not hear any road noise on the far end of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
AMcCabe, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for chosing our Hampton Inn Sioux Falls for your group business. We value all of our guests and their feedback about their stay with us! We are pleased that you had such a positive experience!!! Thank you again, and please let us know when you are coming back.
Keokuk, United States
Reviewed June 6, 2013

It's always a pleasure to stay at a Hampton Inn. From the most comfortable bed and linens, to all the conveniences that are needed, I can't think of anything they have forgotten to provide for weary travelers. We recently stayed at another hotel when a Hampton Inn wasn't available and were sorely disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for taking the time with your kind review and so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We know you have a choice and we are happy you chose the Hampton Inn Sioux Falls. Comeback soon!
Watertown, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our first year anniversary! The room was great and the staff was amazing! Everyone was so kind! The hotel was at a great location, close to 41st and a theater. The breakfast was amazing! Better than most hotel breakfasts!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your comments. It's always nice to receive positive guest feedback and we really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again real soon.
WATERTOWN
Reviewed June 5, 2013

If you want a comfortable, nice, clean hotel, stay here! My teenage daughter commented how nice our room was. Reasonably priced, good customer service, and relaxing atmosphere. I would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We do appreciate the feedback of our guests and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and do hope you come back to stay with us again real soon.