“Just right for the road weary...”

Hampton Inn Sioux Falls
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Henderson, Nevada
“Just right for the road weary...”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

After struggling across I-90 with snow blowing across the pavement, forcing SUVs with trailers into ditches, we needed a respite form the stress. Warm and cozy with temperatures outside dipping down to 7 degrees. Nice little breakfast before resuming our cross-country journey. Not The Ritz, but clean, friendly and adequate for an over-night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
AMcCabe, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Appreciate you taking the time for your kind review, so glad you made it to the Hampton Inn Sioux Falls in the harsh winter weather and enjoyed your stay. Comeback soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Manitoba
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had a late arrival and Heather at the front desk was friendly and able to get us in a room with 2 beds (our online reservation was mistakenly only made for one). Heather also kindly put our ice packs to freeze for us (no freezer in room), which we really appreciated as we had a long day of travel ahead of us and needed to use them. The room was very clean - loved the clean, white duvets, clean remote and the beds were very nicely firm and comfortable (best night of sleep on the whole Black Hills trip). It was on the main floor and I was concerned about noise as I am a light sleeper, but it was quiet. Breakfast area was crowded, but I understand that was to be renovated after our stay, and was okay, not great (cooked egg product was not good at all) and eating on styrofoam, like many of the hotels in this category, but the serving staff was very nice and one young server went and got me cold, hard boiled eggs that had already been put away. Was something for all of us to get the day going. We had a problem with the printers just before checking out and Gilbert at the front desk printed what we needed in his office for us. Overall good and we would stay again if in the area.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AMcCabe, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do appreciate the kind review and very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope you comeback and see our renovations completed!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Room was nice and staff was very friendly and helpful. I didn't stay very long but it seems to be close to lots of shopping and restaurants. Only problem was with noise from either the room above or stairwell.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from stairwells especially if there is a youth hockey league staying at the same t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time and giving us a kind review. We know you have a choice and we are glad you chose the Hampton Inn Sioux Falls. We do our best to make your stay as comfortable as we can and we are lucky to have an excellent staff to show you or Hamptonality! Hope you are able to come back in the near future to see our renovations completed.
Kearney, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Hotel was easy to access from I-29 and staff was courteous and friendly. Lobby was under renvovation so was somewhat cluttered but nice place to stay. My room was on the first level and easy access to parking lot. Breakfast was good and coffee was available all day. I would recommend this Hampton Inn to any of my friends traveling to Sioux Falls.

Room Tip: Lower level room was easy to access parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AMcCabe, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thanks for taking the time and giving this kind review. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we do know you do have a choice and happy you chose our hotel. We will be done shortly with the renovations in the lobby/breakfast area and hope to see you back soon.
Lincoln, NE
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this property many times. The beds are super comfortable. The location is superb with a handful of restaurants within walking distance. The front desk staff was friendly and quick upon check in as well. You can't go wrong with this Hampton.

• Stayed February 2013
AMcCabe, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thanks for taking the time for your kind review. So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our Hamptonality. We know you have a choice and we are happy you chose the Hampton Inn Sioux Falls. We are completing renovations in the lobby / breakfast area so do hope you come back to see us.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Don't stay here unless you have to. We returned to our room one night to find that housekeeping had not even visited our room - the beds were unmade, no new towels, the garbage had not been emptied. Most other days the covers were just pulled up on the beds, a fast fix and not what I would consider to be a made bed. The breakfast area was under construction, which I understand has to happen in some places, but please let us know when we make reservations. The food was okay but not what I have experienced in other Hamptons. The breakfast area staff was outstanding, though. Front desk staff was pretty inattentive. I felt like anyone could have walked in and it would be okay. We had to wait almost ten minutes for the hot water urn to be filled in the lobby. This was after we alerted the front desk it was empty. Shouldn't they be on top of this? This was an unexpected trip made at the last minute due to my father-in-law's funeral. We have stayed at other hotels in the past in this area and will never make this mistake again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Karen A
p k, Manager at Hampton Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Karen A.,
I am so sorry, I can't imagine how disappointed you were with your stay. I have brought your concerns to the attention of the Housekeeping Manager and also to the Front Desk staff. Renovations should be completed by May. I am sending you a gift certificate for a two night stay at our property. Please try us again!!
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I stay in a lot of hotels (8 nights this month alone) but I believe this is the first time I've ever stayed in a Hampton. Our experience was good. Plenty of room to park. Breakfast was ok although I tend to be leary of items warmed-up like omlets and sausages so I avoid those items in all hotels and just stick to the muffins, fruit, cereal, yogurt and such. Our room was nice. Enjoyed all the electrical outlets. I carry an outlet strip with me but didn't need to use it with this hotel. Bathroom was good sized. Internet stayed connected. We stayed because my son's high school Varsity team had a very late game. During the game my son hurt his neck so the 24 hour hot tub was much appreciated, and thanks to the staff for letting my son use the hot tub to help sooth his neck even tho it was after hours for kids.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
AMcCabe, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your kind review and do appreciate you and your family staying with us. We do our best to make your stay feel comfortable. That is the Sioux Falls Hamptonality! Upon your return to Sioux Falls we do hope you stay with us again real soon.