“Brings Back the Goold Ol' Days”

The Original Pancake House
Ranked #18 of 447 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I stopped in for my first time on Monday and to say it is my loss for having waited so long would be an understatement. Absolute Top Notch in food, service and atmosphere. I was totally blown away with the quickness, the preparation and the size of the servings. It took me back to a time when all these things were commonplace. Something that is sorely lacking in our world today. Yes, it took me too long to make my first visit, but my next stop will be very soon.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 25, 2018

We will come back because of the thick, tasty bacon and flavorful hash browns! This is one of the few places where I could find fresh-squeezed orange juice in Sioux Falls. All 6 of us thought our meals were delicious. The wait on a Sunday morning was reasonable and parking was easy. Because the food was so good, we all ordered juice which caused the price of the meal to be higher than other breakfast places we have been too. I think the price was worth it because we all left satisfied.

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Honestly people don’t even go to those chains I listed above. This place has everything you could want for breakfast. We had great service and were all happily full when leaving.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Went here yesterday with family for lunch. Had an omelet and it was delicious. Service was impeccable, even for our large group of 9, which included 3 kids ranging from 2-7 yrs old. Everyone loved their food, but I take off one star because to my surprise I thought the pancakes themselves we're just 'OK'. Texture was a bit rubbery and they had an odd aftertaste. Probably still better that I could have made at home, but disappointing because I expected something better. Might have just been that I had some that had been sitting out for a while since we came in at lunch time.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

It was a while ago I was there, but I remember the crepes with strawberries and cream cheese being incredible. I wanted to order more because they were incredible. The restaurant was incredibly busy, so we had to wait a while, but it was worth it!

Date of visit: January 2018