“Good Indian Food and Great Naan” 4 of 5 bubbles

Shahi Palace
Ranked #43 of 380 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Freeman, South Dakota
“Good Indian Food and Great Naan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I've been here for dinner a few times and for lunch once. Dinner here is great. I try to try a different curry every time I come and every time it's been good. The Butter Chicken is tasty and great for those that don't like much spice. The Rogan Josh is one of my favorites and is great for those who like lamb. Ordering this moderate or hot should provide a good amount of spice. The naan here is also great. By far, my favorite is the garlic naan but there's a wide variety stuffed with fruits, spices, and more. The mango lassi is also very refreshing. The lunch buffet here is okay. It isn't very impressive but is good if you don't know what to order. The servers usually range from okay to pretty good and the atmosphere can suit many occasions and people but still maintains a "hint of strip mall". I will come here again soon.

Chicago
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I were craving Indian food while on our cross-country road trip and were very pleased to find this restaurant near our hotel. Our entrees were delicious. The menu includes several dairy and gluten-free options as well as a kids menu (in case your kids insist on mac-n-cheese over dal). I would highly recommend this restaurant to travelers and locals alike.

“can't stop going here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

This strip mall restaurant has surprisingly great food and a casual but elegant atmosphere with brass kettles, white tablecloths and red napkins. And it is very reasonably priced for the quality. Have now been here 3 times - it's my favorite place for lunch whenever I can get there. I thoroughly enjoy the lunch buffet- curry chicken, creamy vegetable korma, basmati rice, crispy tender fish pakora, spicy green chili with homemade cheese, dahl, naan bread, mint and tamarind chutney. Everything tastes so good together. All entrees are gluten free and they have a halal meat certificate.

Mankato, Minnesota
“Totally yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We recently ate here while staying at a nearby hotel, the food was wonderful and reasonably priced. Being from Minnesota, we all opted for the 'mild' spice and found it plenty tame for our northern palettes. The cracker bread they brought out 'complimentary' was a bit hot for us, but the waiter took note and kept our water glasses full! All of our entrees were very tasty, no problem to ask for more rice. We had the plain naan, and shared a carrot dessert.

I only wish we lived closer so it could be my new favorite restaurant!

Brandon, South Dakota
“Actually spicy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

The food was great. When we got spicy it was actually spicy. The place looked pretty. Wait staff was ok needed to be more attentive.