“Afghan food....in Sioux Falls? Who knew:”

Khorasan Kabob House
Ranked #29 of 406 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Description: Khorasan Kabob House offers authentic Afghan Cuisine and fine handmade carpets. If you don't know Afghan cooking, you may find it somewhat similar to Indian. Kabobs are just a start--we offer a full menu of delectable middle-Eastern dishes. Most of them can be spiced to your personal taste.
Reviewed November 8, 2013

As a vegetarian, there are some parts of the country where it gets a little tricky to find a restaurant with more than one vegetarian entree (besides salad). And, since vegetables taste better with great herbs and spices, that makes it even trickier. But, on urbanspoon I found recommendations for this little hole in the wall place that got really good reviews by the overwhelming majority of folks who ate there, and since I would be spending a week in a really small town in Minnesota with very limited choices for me, I looked forward to one final good meal for a few days. I was not disappointed. You almost miss the place (the sign is small and overshadowed by a computer store sign) but it is warm and cozy inside. They even plugged in the electric fireplace for me to help me thaw out a bit. The tea is wonderful (black chai with orange and cinnamon I think- I couldn't get a straight answer on the name brand so i think they mix it themselves) and the mung bean appetizer with rito (flatbread) bread was great ( definitely have it with the green chutney- adds a really nice punch but not one that will knock you out. I had the multiple vegetable dish entree with rito (rice would have been equally as nice) and it was delicious! The seasonings had melded well with each other and the veggies and it was really good on the flatbread. The baklava was served warm and was delectable. I must say it was a very tasty and satisfying meal to leave the 'big city' on as I headed to rural America for the week! (they have no alcohol and several of the dishes are halal- fyi)

1  Thank mcurtis924

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Tried the Khorasan Chicken, fried and with bone. It was an alright dish, though I was expecting more. Excellent rice with almonds. The chutney was excellent. This was a take out order. I took a peek in the restaurant, a hole-in-the-wall kind of place, would have loved to sit & eat.

1  Thank Shivank S
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by someone we met at a rest stop about 100 miles outside of Sioux Falls. Fortunately we found it easily since it was close to the hotel. We did take out and the service and food was outstanding!!!

1  Thank eugeneteach
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a delicious restaurant; a hidden gem. The exterior may look a little rough, but inside it is very charming and nicely decorated. The food was great. It is nice that you get to choose your own spice levels. Hopefully people continue to eat here so it sticks around!

1  Thank Hsbowman
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The tikka masala was quite wonderful. Quaint little place with friendly service. Highly recommended for anyone looking to try local food and avoid the drudgery of chain restaraunt hell. They also had handmade rugs for sale.

1  Thank Forthebeard