“Flavor!!!”

Khorasan Kabob House
Ranked #30 of 403 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Description: Khorasan Kabob House offers authentic Afghan Cuisine and fine handmade carpets. If you don't know Afghan cooking, you may find it somewhat similar to Indian. Kabobs are just a start--we offer a full menu of delectable middle-Eastern dishes. Most of them can be spiced to your personal taste.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is a jewel that is largely undiscovered in Sioux Falls. The food is ethnic of course (Afghan) but oh so flavorfull! Their homemade chutney is great and adds flavor and a kick to any meal. I I have bought it by the pint to take home for taco night as well. Thier Gyros are the best I have had anywhere across the US, I am lucky to have them here in my town.

Not much on atmosphere, not fancy, but very clean. I haven't been there for dinner but lunch is always very quiet. I am convinced this is due only to the location, understated signage and no advertising. Anyone I have talked to that has been here has raved about the quality of the food. Please visit so we can keep this place in business for many years to come.

Don't worry about not knowing what the dishes are, the waitress that is always there at lunch describes the dishes in great detail so you know what to expect. This is a family operation so I assume the same staff is there for dinner as well.

There are newer reviews for Khorasan Kabob House

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were introduced to Khorasan Kabob House through friends and it has become our go to when we visit Sioux Falls. The food is authentic and delicious! We have only been a handful of times so far, but they already know us when we visit and make us feel right at home. As vegans, we really appreciate their many options for us.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

If you find this place open, consider yourself lucky and go inside for a meal. The place doesn't seem to have a regular schedule and open and close whenever they basically decide to do so. There were few times when I or my husband were craving their food and they were not open during the actual work hours. But that would not make us like that place any less.
I had food taking out from them few times now and every time enjoying everything on my plate. The meat is juicy and the rice is perfect to the last grain.
I have not eaten inside, but it looks very nice and comfy. All the people there are always friendly and answer any question you might have about food.
If you crave some middle eastern, Kazakhstani, Indian or even Greek food- this is the place for you. Come and try anything from their big selection and most probably you would not regret you did so. I have never been disappointed by their food yet.

2  Thank LanaBee123
Jay R, webmaster/consultant at Khorasan Kabob House, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Khorasan Kabob House is a family-owned and -run business. We try hard to maintain our posted hours, but on rare occasions, something may prevent that. We do not have a large staff we can call on to substitute for an indisposed family member.

We're sorry that this reviewer apparently found us closed on more than one occasion--thanks for the positive review anyway. But we want to assure everyone that our opening is not arbitrary, and you should not have to worry about finding us closed.

Please note that we are always closed on Mondays, and 2:30-5:00 every afternoon.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The not-so-spectacular ambiance worked for me, because it made feel more at home. Some ethnic restaurants try to impress you with loud music and starnge unauthentic costumes, but here everything is real. The food was excellent, the atmosphere simple but comforting, simple chair and simple tables , service was excellent, the waitress was very attentive , the food takes some time to prepare but it comes out great. There are some better Afghani restaurants in bigger cities but this is a solid one.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I met a couple of friends for lunch here today; my first visit, but my friends are enthusiastic veterans. I ordered the Kabob Combo and Mango Lassi. Both were excellent, but service was rather slow--and, despite it being the noon hour, the place was not especially busy. The food was worth the wait, but next time I'll budget for a day when I don't have to scoot back to work so soon!I met a couple of friends for lunch here today; my first visit, but my friends are enthusiastic veterans.