“great food”

Khorasan Kabob House
Ranked #41 of 394 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Description: Khorasan Kabob House offers authentic Afghan Cuisine and fine handmade carpets. If you don't know Afghan cooking, you may find it somewhat similar to Indian. Kabobs are just a start--we offer a full menu of delectable middle-Eastern dishes. Most of them can be spiced to your personal taste.
“great food”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

If you find this place open, consider yourself lucky and go inside for a meal. The place doesn't seem to have a regular schedule and open and close whenever they basically decide to do so. There were few times when I or my husband were craving their food and they were not open during the actual work hours. But that would not make us like that place any less.
I had food taking out from them few times now and every time enjoying everything on my plate. The meat is juicy and the rice is perfect to the last grain.
I have not eaten inside, but it looks very nice and comfy. All the people there are always friendly and answer any question you might have about food.
If you crave some middle eastern, Kazakhstani, Indian or even Greek food- this is the place for you. Come and try anything from their big selection and most probably you would not regret you did so. I have never been disappointed by their food yet.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank LanaBee123
Jay R, webmaster/consultant at Khorasan Kabob House, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Khorasan Kabob House is a family-owned and -run business. We try hard to maintain our posted hours, but on rare occasions, something may prevent that. We do not have a large staff we can call on to substitute for an indisposed family member.

We're sorry that this reviewer apparently found us closed on more than one occasion--thanks for the positive review anyway. But we want to assure everyone that our opening is not arbitrary, and you should not have to worry about finding us closed.

Please note that we are always closed on Mondays, and 2:30-5:00 every afternoon.

• Arabic first
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Excellent food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The not-so-spectacular ambiance worked for me, because it made feel more at home. Some ethnic restaurants try to impress you with loud music and starnge unauthentic costumes, but here everything is real. The food was excellent, the atmosphere simple but comforting, simple chair and simple tables , service was excellent, the waitress was very attentive , the food takes some time to prepare but it comes out great. There are some better Afghani restaurants in bigger cities but this is a solid one.

• Visited December 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Tasty Food, Pleasant Surroundings”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I met a couple of friends for lunch here today; my first visit, but my friends are enthusiastic veterans. I ordered the Kabob Combo and Mango Lassi. Both were excellent, but service was rather slow--and, despite it being the noon hour, the place was not especially busy. The food was worth the wait, but next time I'll budget for a day when I don't have to scoot back to work so soon!I met a couple of friends for lunch here today; my first visit, but my friends are enthusiastic veterans.

• Visited December 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Very good food for Sioux Falls”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Ate here yesterday for lunch. I ordered the halal chicken, the spicy version, to take out. It was very good. It was prepared quickly and the portions were very large. Do not be turned off by the outward appearance. The food is good. I am going to return to try other dishes. Cannot wait until the next visit. Would recommend this place.

• Visited November 2012
“Delicious”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is a great place to eat. The food is always delicious and the staff is always so friendly. I have never gotten a bad dish here. The staff is very welcoming. This is my top place to eat in Sioux Falls and where I bring out of town guests.