“Atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crawford's Bar and Grill

Crawford's Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Crawford's Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 389 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

When you walk in you are seated by the host that has a small desk on the right side of the door. When you look up you see a long room with seating all around the outside of the long wide space. The tables and chairs are all high-end leather that give a nice feel to the restaurant.

The food is good and bad. It all depends how busy they are and what you order. I hate to say this but the best things and most consistent things on their menu are the more expensive items, the steaks. I have yet to have a bad one. However, try the fish or something small you have it great or just average. Usually this means they have a sous chef cook it or someone not the chef. The food however, is very good but not worth the money if you are there during an off night. However, if the food is cook properly they are one of the top restaurants in town with Bros and Parkers in front.

The best part in my opinion is the atmosphere. If you are looking for a nice bar scene get in here early. The place fills up and you can't get a seat after 9pm usually. Most people aren't ordering dinner but app's and drinks. Great place to mingle if you get a table around some nice people. Before you know it both tables are talking and drinking and having a good time.

Food is above average but mostly the atmosphere brings me back here.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Stevensville
“Great food, little slow on service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

The food was fabulous. I had the Scallops and they were perfectly cooked. One of my colleagues ordered the salmon special and said it was good but he wished he's ordered the scallops. My other colleague ordered the Beef and Mushroom Pasta special and said it was good. We had the wild mushroom flatbread and calamari appetizers and I thought both were extremely delicious. The service was a little slow but we weren't in a hurry so it wasn't an issue for us, could be for others. Great atmosphere! Love the decor.

Boulder, Colorado
“Overpirced for average food, but an amazing atmosphere.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I came here for business so I didn't have to pay for my meal or I might have been a little disappointed. The restaurant is really awesomely decorated. It makes you feel like you walked into a very plush castle or hunters lodge. I am a photographer and it made me want to drag in equipment and have a photo shoot there. I want to hire whoever decorated the place to do my home.

The service was great we ordered cocktails which were really good (and strong). My friend ordered the special which she was $20+ dollars (I think it was some sort of ravioli with truffles and chicken) but looked while worth it, she said it was good. I however ordered a flat bread pizza which was really over priced (I want to say over $15) it was good but not worth what they charged for it.

I am in Sioux Falls about once a year and will certainly ask to go to this place again since it's right down the street from my hotel of choice.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hit and miss, but can be amazing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have been here several times. The atmosphere is cool. I have been completely blown away with the food, and then absolutely disappointed. I was also here on a weekend and witnessed a patron relieving himself in the sink in the bathroom. You roll the dice, but there is a chance that you will come up big.

Visited September 2012
“Overrated. Food was good, horrible service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Was not impressed with the service. Felt like we were a burden on the server. We had to wait an unreasonable amount of time for water, refills, etc. our seats were by the door so it was extremely cold throughout or meal. Would not go back again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles