“Wonderful Food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The restaurant decor is warm and welcoming. The menu has so many delicious options it is hard to choose. I did have the Spinach Apple Salad, with the chicken breast on it. Only comment is that I have never had cooked apples/applesauce on a spinach salad. I was expecting sliced fresh apples. The salad was very good though.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was working near by at Sanford and the VA. Was driving down to get a quick lunch and popped in with a fellow worker. Terry and I ordered a couple salads and a Margherita as an app. This was so tasty, I am coming back again.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Nice options for a more upscale meal. A little on the pricy side but it is worth it. Only criticism is the noise level - hard to hear a conversation when they are buzy.

1  Thank Phil_Toft
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I absolutely LOVED this restaurant! When we are in town visiting my grandma my favorite place to go eat is Minerva's. However, when I called about making a reservation they said that they're closed on Sundays! I was bummed out and trying to decide where to go instead. I saw that this place had pretty good reviews and was owned by Minerva's, so I was hoping for the best. I was not disappointed! We had a party of 8 and had reservations for 11:30 a.m. on a Sunday. We were seated immediately. Every person in our party loved their meals, including my grandma, who is the hardest person to please when it comes to food! I have never seen her eat so much food! She practically licked her bowl clean! She had the Honey Almond Chicken, which I did grab a little taste of and it was delicious. If you don't like sweet things, this would not be a good choice for you, as the sauce is sweet. Personally I was having a hard time trying to decide between what my grandma ordered, the triple mac, the walleye or the salmon. I asked our server and he told me to go with the salmon. He said it was one of their most popular items. I was NOT disappointed - it was delicious! My husband and I both ordered it and we both loved it! I did order a side salad for an extra $2. FYI - I asked if it was just a garden salad and he said that you can have that, ceasar or the roasted apple spinach salad. I ordered that last one and it was soooo scrumptious! They give you a very large portion. I shared it with my mom. It has spinach, Applewood bacon, roasted apples, dried cherries, candied walnuts, gorgonzola cheese and honey balsamic dressing. My husband also ordered a cup of soup for another $2 and it was black bean chorizo soup. He said it was very good. The meal my husband and I had was fresh salmon oven baked, mushroom risotto cakes, roasted tomatoes and spinach with pesto beurre vert - it was soooo delicious! The photo I'm attaching is of my meal. My dad also had the walleye. I tasted it and it was also good, but I think that the other things that come with the salmon are much more delicious! I love the mushroom risotto cakes especially! The only person who wasn't totally crazy about her meal was my 8 year old daughter. She had the kid's alfredo. I think the reason she didn't like it was because it didn't really have hardly any sauce on it. More sauce probably would have made it better. However, all of the adult meals were wonderful! It was so refreshing eating here after so many terrible places in SD! Thank you Grille 26! You're my new favorite right after Minerva's! The only thing to note about this place is that it is a large restaurant and very LOUD inside. Part of it is due to the number of people that were inside, but they were also playing music very loudly. I think we were sitting under a speaker, so my poor grandma couldn't really hear any of our conversation - that's the reason I give the atomosphere only 3 *s. I felt that the prices for a nice sit down place were pretty good for the type of food you were getting. Most of the entrees were $10-$12, but you did have to add on another $2 if you wanted a side salad or cup of soup.

1  Thank Nicole A
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Great food, great service, never been dissappointed at this place. You can dress up or come casual. One of the wife's favorites as well.