“Sparkling clean hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Texas
“Sparkling clean hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

We actually had our daughter's 6th birthday party there. The hotel is sparkling clean, the staff is wonderful, and very helpful, and the rooms are really nice. We were there on a Saturday night, and while the hotel had a lot of guest, it was nice and quiet. The beds were really comfortable, and the presidential suite is HUGE. We had a sleepover in it, after the party with 9 little girls, and everyone had plenty of room. I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel, if you are traveling through Sioux Falls.

Room Tip: Get the Presidential Suite. It is fabulous!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank momtomonkeys
HiltonSFSD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear momtomonkeys,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and your girls had a night of fun. Our staff enjoys hearing stories from our satisfied guests so they know that their service makes a difference. We hope to accommodate you again in the future.

Bryan Ahlers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

My wife and spent a night here recently as part of a romantic getaway weekend. We had attended a wedding reception at this hotel a couple of years ago and had been impressed then, so we were interested to see if an overnight experience would match up. Happy to say, this hotel did not disappoint!

The staff made a great first impression on me even before we checked in. The night before we were to arrive, I had asked if I could leave a floral arrangement there as a surprise for my wife when we checked in. They were extremely accommodating of my request and agreed to keep it overnight in their cooler. When we checked-in on Friday night, there it was waiting for us and fresh as the night before. It definitely got our getaway off to a good start... thank you!

Upon returning from our Friday night activities about 9:30, we grabbed beverages from the lounge (well-made and reasonably priced), and were happy to see that the pool and hot tub were open till 11 PM. This part of the hotel, also, was first-rate with both pools very well maintained and plenty of towels.

Our room had a single king bed which was extremely comfortable. The room was about average size for this price point but it was spotlessly clean, extremely quiet and beautifully appointed, We especially appreciated the shower (with plenty of hot water at high pressure), and that the room maintained a comfortable, constant temperature through the night without a noisy HVAC unit roaring non-stop as we have experienced at other hotels.

Because of other scheduled activities we spent barely 12 hours on the property so we weren't able to take advantage of other amenities and facilities like free Wi-Fi, the fitness center or made-to-order breakfast buffet ($9.95 per person). But from all we could see, those experiences would have been just as enjoyable.

I do need to mention the only glitch of our stay, which was check-in and check-out were both a little ragged. Check-in took a long time considering we were the ones checking in and our reservation had been made several weeks in advance. When I went to check out, I was informed that I had been overcharged, followed by another slow and awkward process to get my refund back. That being said, at least they acknowledged the overcharge and made it right. This being said, I need to stress that all the front desk personnel I dealt with were extremely friendly and appeared to be well trained, so I'm assuming perhaps the delays were caused by computer issues or some such.

The location of this hotel is exceptional. WIthin 2 minutes you can be on I-229 (the major bypass around the city of Sioux Falls), and you are a 10-minute drive or less away from literally dozens of dining options and the Empire Mall, as well as the park where the annual JazzFest and many athletic tournaments are held, and a large church that hosts many group events (including the one that was part of our weekend getaway). If you choose not to dine on-site and you don't have ground transportation, there is a McDonalds, a Panera and several other eating options within a 3- to 5-minute walk away.

My wife and I have each stayed at a lot of hotels over the years we agreed that the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls is without question the best hotel in town and one of the top 3 or 4 hotels we have ever experienced, regardless of price point. We will definitely be recommending it to others.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fender78
Dear fender78,

Thank you so much for the kind words you left regarding your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay and consider us the "Best Hotel In Town." Our staff strives to satisfy every guest that walks through our doors and we make continual improvements to our facility to ensure it is a high-quality market leader. We hope to accommodate you again during your next weekend out!

Jefferson, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

Staff was semi-enthused. It was late at night, and the front desk agent seemed more interested in getting back to his phone then helping us. However, the room was excellent. It was an enjoyable view of the parking lot, but with the curtains closed it is a normal HGI Room. Especially enjoy the beds. Upon check out, the front desk lady was MUCH more happy and nice, and seemed to truly enjoy her job. Would probably stay here again, but would check in earlier and not deal with the crabby night people.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear RayceCar,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We enjoy hearing what guests have to say about our hotel after their experience here. I am happy that your stay was pleasant overall. Your additional feedback about our staff has been noted and passed along to the according individuals to acknowledge the level of service they are currently providing. Thank you again and we hope to accommodate you again the next time your travels lead you to Sioux Falls.

Sioux Falls, SD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

My family was in town and I didn't have enough room at my house, so I booked 2 rooms here over the weekend. Everything about the hotel was perfect. The hotel was beautiful and super clean. They really enjoyed having a fridge and microwave in the rooms. The wifi speed was sufficient for everyone's needs. I stayed one of the nights, but we all had breakfast in the restaurant in the morning. I booked the bed and breakfast package so we got breakfast for half price. All of the staff was so nice too. From the guy working the front desk to the girl who served us breakfast, we felt right at home. I was so happy that the housekeepers didn't knock on the door before everyone was ready to leave. That is my biggest pet peeve when usually staying at a hotel and it makes me feel unwelcome. I would definitely put my family up here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Book the bed and breakfast package for the best deal.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Cookiedoughbliss
Dear Cookiedoughbliss,

Thank you so much for the kind words you left about our hotel. We are happy we had the opportunity to host you and your family and that everyone enjoyed their stay. Our staff members are here to make all of our guest's stays perfect and we are continually making improvements to our facility to maintain the Hilton Garden Inn as a market leader in Sioux Falls. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

We were at this hotel for a wedding. Nice rooms, staff, etc. Price was a little more than we usually pay, but it was worth the money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

My wife and I hosted a group of family and friends at this hotel for the weekend to celebrate my daughters wedding.....I was so impressed with Isis as our sales consultant setting up the room block, Ty at the front desk helping each family personally as they arrived, and with Michelle each morning for your made to order breakfast with her smile and attention to detail. The hotel is spotless, the rooms very well cared for, hotel staff very friendly, convenient location, great rates, plenty of parking, great beds, etc. As everyone checked out they commented on how wonderful the experience was. Hilton's current packages including breakfast are hard to beat. We travel to Sioux Falls quite a bit and will gladly return to this friendly atmosphere. When the GM reads this.....give me a call....would love to talk....

Room Tip: The two room suites are huge with two bathrooms, seperate King bedroom. Standard rooms are nicely a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank joli28
Athens, Ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

Have stayed at this location on 2 seperate occasions and have been impressed both times. Great rooms and very nice staff!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business