“great hotel, wonderful staff, good breakfast”

Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South
Ranked #15 of 54 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed July 26, 2011

would definitely stay at this hotel again if in the area. It was difficult for us to find, but that was probably because we were using an old GPS. Hotel very clean, breakfast good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 6, 2011

As a coach and a parent of softball players who have to travel to various tournaments and stay in many different hotels, it is nice to find a place to stay as welcoming as this was. We attended the Ringneck Tournament over the fourth of July weekend and had a wonderful stay. The parents spend enough money throughout the season that it is nice to "potluck" a few meals to save some money. Your staff was so nice about letting us set up camp and feed all the players - the bartender even brought us out a bucket of ice in case we needed it. The players received complementary breakfasts and the dining area was packed, but your servers and cooks never lost their composure, they were very friendly and accommodating (the breakfast was great too!). We hope to see you next year!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Carroll84
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Arrived in Sioux Falls after midnight due to a long and stormy trip from Missoula. Kayley, at the front desk, recognized that and got us everything we needed. She was truly amazing!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Dctrmom
DavidEis, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time review the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls. Your feedback is important to us and assists us in improving the operation as well as providing both positive and constructive feedback to our staff members. I have read your comments about your positive experience with Kaley and will certainly pass on your kind words. We are fortunate to have a group of very caring individuals working at our hotel that pride themselves in delivering extraordinary customer service.

We hope you return to Sioux Falls in the future and make the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls, your lodging choice when in the area. If I can assist you in anyway please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel

Best Regard,

David Eisenbraun
Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls
605-444-4500

Reviewed June 17, 2011

I love HGI. I always try to stay at them because the staff is always so friendly, most all have 25 hr work out rooms and I love the cookies too. The staff at every HGI ALWAYS greet you...NOT HERE! Well I have to say I was disappointed. The hotel itself was clean and new. When I checked in I believe is was Chris (bald male) who was at front desk kept answering phone calls one after the next. I stood there while he booked several rooms and not once said to the called, can you hold please. He then never apologized or even greeted me. I thought it was just him. Then later there was a woman working the front desk and she was equally cold. She would look away when you would walk by. And the gym wasn't 24hrs. Beautiful hotel, lousy FRONT DESK STAFF.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank meglord

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to do a review on the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls. Your feedback helps us improve our operation. Second, I would like to apologize for our staff not performing to your expecations. We pride ourselves in delivering extraordinary customer service and it is clear in your case we did not live up to those standards. For that I am truely sorry.

I would like to assure that we provide you with a resolution which is satisfactory to you and address the issues you had. If you would please contact me directly at the hotel I would be happy to discuss your experience and discuss with you any resolution that would bring about your satisfaction.

Best Regards,

David Eisenbraun
Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls
605-444-4500

Reviewed April 15, 2011

I really like HGIs in general, this is another very good property.

Nice iron, black out curtains, good gym, nice staff, great breakfast, solid value. The adjustable bed thing is very comfortable. I have paid much more for much much less!

Room Tip: The most quiet room likley faces front of hotel
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
SFHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2011

Thank you for reviewing our property. We appreciate hearing feedback from our customers as it gives us an opportunity to evaluate our services and accomodations. I will pass on your kind words to our staff members as it means a lot to them to know our customers our satisfied.

Reviewed March 10, 2011

This Hilton Garden inn is located in a developed commercial area that is a 15 minute detour off Interstate 90. Getting to the property is quick and easy. The property has plenty of free parking out front and on the sides. Checking in took about a minute. I had a room on the 3rd floor of this 4 floor hotel. This HGI has all of the normal amenities including free internet, a no-charge business center, a fitness center, guest washer/dryer, a small convenience store/shop, and a small restaurant and lounge area. This combination of features (many/most of which are complementary) is the main reason why HGI is my "go to" Hilton brand.

The common areas are up-to-date, clean, and well-maintained. The decor is a little more "modern" and much brighter than most HGI properties I've stayed at recently. My room was clean (incuding the bathroom, which was spotless) and my king bedding and duvet were both comfortable and exceptionally clean.

I am a long-standing Hilton Diamond HHonors member, so I tend to have high expectations and I tend to be a "hard" grader. This Hilton Garden Inn was a welcome stop on a long trip, and was in all respects a completely acceptable hotel. I recommend it to you if you need lodging in the Sioux Falls area.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Flying_Lawyer
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Stayed here just one night on a business trip. Hotel was pretty much what I have come to expect from Hilton Garden Inn's - spotless and seemingly pretty new - up to date decor, flat screen tvs, all florescent lighting including the hallways which stood out to me as being nice and bright. Bar/restaurant service was average which from my experience unfortunately seems to be the standard at hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business